Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so there I was, working and drinking a cup of delicious broth, dreaming of my surgery on Weds. Hubby texts and says he is home THROWING UP!!!!! Now what do I do? I cannot go home! I am NOT missing surgery because of a stomach flu! I will obviously have to sleep in my truck! I've been SO SO careful to avoid sick contacts, sanitize my hands and it turns out to be an inside job??

For real, tho, will they cancel me if I'm barfing or.....pooping???

Like we've been talking about, the surgeon's nurse said that they will still operate on me if I had a cold if I didn't have a fever and I wasn't coughing up anything nasty. While I am not sure you would get sick right away, there is definitely a chance you could be sick post-op.

Any chance you can pick up some disinfecting wipes on the way home and clean E V E R Y T H I N G. Even get a face mask while you're going to town on cleaning everything.

Stay with family or friends? Book a hotel room? Have him sleep in the truck..

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, batty_vsg said:

Like we've been talking about, the surgeon's nurse said that they will still operate on me if I had a cold if I didn't have a fever and I wasn't coughing up anything nasty. While I am not sure you would get sick right away, there is definitely a chance you could be sick post-op.

Any chance you can pick up some disinfecting wipes on the way home and clean E V E R Y T H I N G. Even get a face mask while you're going to town on cleaning everything.

I think poopin and hurling is a completely different animal and the incubation can be as short as 24 hours of some things like that. :( No way would they let you have surgery while actively spewin cuz it would be so dangerous. But the mask gloves etc is a great idea!!!

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

I think poopin and hurling is a completely different animal and the incubation can be as short as 24 hours of some things like that. :( No way would they let you have surgery while actively spewin cuz it would be so dangerous. But the mask gloves etc is a great idea!!!

True! I incubated the cold I had for a few days, while stomach flu viruses are definitely the cheetahs of the virus world. If you're hurling and having bowel problems, they'd probably reschedule. But a question, are you sure its a stomach virus or maybe something he ate?

2 minutes ago, batty_vsg said:

while stomach flu viruses are definitely the cheetahs of the virus world.

Bahahaha LOVE this! The cheetahs of the virus world. Well-played mam. Well-played!

Ok. I came home armed with masks, gloves and hospital grade disinfectants. However after hearing the facts of the case, I’m pretty sure he ate bad tacos at lunch. I will sleep in another room and continue to mace the house w citrace.

46 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Ok. I came home armed with masks, gloves and hospital grade disinfectants. However after hearing the facts of the case, I’m pretty sure he ate bad tacos at lunch. I will sleep in another room and continue to mace the house w citrace.

Spray some Lysol on him for making you so worried!

Good Luck!

3 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Screenshot_2018-12-10-20-40-07~3.png

Hotel?

Spare bedroom, plastic tenting, negative pressure airflow, mask, napalm, oven mitts, scuba gear. Maybe a glass of Water.