Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Have Lost 100lbs In 6 Months???

Hello all!!

I am 27 years old and live in Lake Charles, LA. I was banded on Aug 24, 2007 and have lost a total of 70.6lbs as of today. I was just curious as to how many people out there have lost 100lbs in only 6 months?

100lbs in six months is my goal to reach by Feb 24th. My doctor looked at me a little skeptical when I told him what I wanted to achieve because I chose to have lapband surgery instead of having gastric bypass!

Give me a shout! I would love to hear from ya!

Princesst:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I've only lost 82 lbs in 9 months. I am within 20 lbs of my goal weight so that is why my weight loss has slowed down. I lost 65 lbs in 3 months on Lindora before I had surgery. I've lost another 82 lbs since surgery. I've lost a total of 147 lbs since September 18, 2006.

John

Dang ya'll.

Wow. But...how's your butt? I'm thinking all that has to exit some way. OUCH.

smiling but happy for your LOSS.

65lbs in 7 months. Booo.

Laura,

You are doing great! Keep your chin up girl!! Think positive thoughts-and if you can't that's what all of us on this forum are here for!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo:

Princesst

Ya know what, no one should be BOOing themselves for losing ONLY 75lbs in 6 months! That's way more than the average.

100lbs in 6 months is freakish. 70lbs in 2.5 months, even more so. :)

It took me 8 months to lose 100 lbs and my surgeon seemed to think was remarkable.

My "idol", who has lost 230 pounds, always says "the first 100 pounds are easy" and she was right. I've had to really work for the 60 I've lost in the year since then....I am still very compliant with my food, but it sure is slllooooow!! But if I never lose another pound, it's all right - it's been worth it all! I have my health back, my life back, and a future back!! What more could anyone ask??:clap2:

I think I hit 100lbs somewhere between months 6 & 8. And of course is has been a slow creep ever since then. I'm now down about 160. I still consume within good calorie guidelines ( a little under if anything ), and can go months with no loss. But no gain, either. Which makes me happy. :)

Your ability to lose large amounts of weight quickly will have a LOT to do with how much weight you need to lose, and as a percentage function, not a numbers function.

In my first 10 days I lost smtg like 32 lbs, and by my first fill (5 weeks) was over 60lbs. But I had 200 lbs to lose. I would not have seen the same numbers if I only had 100 lbs to lose, though I might have seen the same percentage.

I lost 100 almost to the day for 6 months. I am at 115 now. I think what Wheet said is right. I have 200+ to lose so the first 100 came off pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, I worked my butt off at the gym, literally, as well as the band.

OH MY GOSHH!!! Chris in NJ that is MARVELOUS!!! What is your secret ... I have to know it.... LOL I will pay you for it LOL!! I am in NJ as well havent been banded yet but hoping for Jan or February SURGERY DATE!!! I am trying to gather as much info as I can so that I can do very well with minimal to 0 complications. I am so afraid of failing this is my last option... Dr said If I don't lose this weight I wont be able to have any babies!!! And that scares me VERY much... Beings that I am a young newly married woman!! So I can use any and all advice to succeed!!! Thanks!

OH MY GOSHH!!! Chris in NJ that is MARVELOUS!!! What is your secret ... I have to know it.... LOL I will pay you for it LOL!! I am in NJ as well havent been banded yet but hoping for Jan or February SURGERY DATE!!! I am trying to gather as much info as I can so that I can do very well with minimal to 0 complications. I am so afraid of failing this is my last option... Dr said If I don't lose this weight I wont be able to have any babies!!! And that scares me VERY much... Beings that I am a young newly married woman!! So I can use any and all advice to succeed!!! Thanks!

LOL I get that question a lot. I will post what I just sent someone else who asked me.

A lot of hard work. I work out like 6 days a week and eat healthy. My work out consists of walking 3-5 miles a day at a fast pace. On my 3 mile days I lift weights and the 5 mile days I don't. I generally lift 3-4 days a week.

My diet consists of a lot of grilled chicken and veggies. I stay away from the pastas and carbs as much as possible. NO SODA OR SUGAR drinks LOL. I drink nothing but Water with crystal light. No need for empty calories. When I get the munchies I just have a sugar free ice pop. They are only like 15 calories. I try and keep my calorie intake between 800 to at the most 1400. I switch it up a lot to trick my metabolism.

Remember what works for me may not work for others.

LOL I get that question a lot. I will post what I just sent someone else who asked me.

A lot of hard work. I work out like 6 days a week and eat healthy. My work out consists of walking 3-5 miles a day at a fast pace. On my 3 mile days I lift weights and the 5 mile days I don't. I generally lift 3-4 days a week.

My diet consists of a lot of grilled chicken and veggies. I stay away from the pastas and carbs as much as possible. NO SODA OR SUGAR drinks LOL. I drink nothing but Water with crystal light. No need for empty calories. When I get the munchies I just have a sugar free ice pop. They are only like 15 calories. I try and keep my calorie intake between 800 to at the most 1400. I switch it up a lot to trick my metabolism.

Remember what works for me may not work for others.

Ok, Chris - I get the food intake, and can probably comply well with that.

But how much TIME does this workout take you on an average day? This sound scary to me, since I'm pretty sedentary right now. How long did it take you to work up to this pace?

Thanks for your "Secrets"!:bounce: