Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved on Thursday morning. broth and Water since Tuesday, which is getting old and even those gross Protein Shakes seem appealing at this point! I miss my husband, visits to the hospital aren’t enough! I miss my dog too. I want to go home and not be hooked up to an IV and those annoying leg cuffs and have some uninterrupted sleep. I know, I know, I’m whining, and this was important to do, I’m just over the hospital experience.

Do they think you are going home today? Are you able to drink? Most people go home after 1 or 2 nights so hopefully today will be the day! I definitely felt better when I got home and could get some rest!! I was in 2 nights because I wasn’t able to drink the day after surgery. Good luck! Hope you make it home soon!!

I called my husband the morning I was being discharged sobbing tell him to come get me RIGHT NOW. I wanted to go home so bad! I hate being in the hospital.

2 hours ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

sleeved on Thursday morning. just over the hospital experience.

@Swanton_Bomb

hi newbie

i understand how awful/bad/lonely it must be in the hospital. Missing hubby/dog. You've been there a long time!! IV's, blood pressure cuffs, getting woken up to check vitals!! How rude is that!! LOL

You must be having extra problems that you are in hospital so long😫

You will/do always have to drink, drink and then drink some more forever and a day! 64 oz.+ You must stay hydrated. There are other rules you must follow too, maybe not always enjoy them - but you are

starting a new lifestyle towards better health and a new lighter you!!

Feel better, go home - and enjoy your journey of a life time!! You'll have ups and

downs, but in the long run - things will be worth it.

btw - after you are home for awhile - sneak back into the hospital one night and

wake up the staff a few times - as if they are patients - see how they like it🤣

good luck - best wishes

kathy

7 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

@Swanton_Bomb

hi newbie

i understand how awful/bad/lonely it must be in the hospital. Missing hubby/dog. You've been there a long time!! IV's, blood pressure cuffs, getting woken up to check vitals!! How rude is that!! LOL

You must be having extra problems that you are in hospital so long😫

You will/do always have to drink, drink and then drink some more forever and a day! 64 oz.+ You must stay hydrated. There are other rules you must follow too, maybe not always enjoy them - but you are

starting a new lifestyle towards better health and a new lighter you!!

Feel better, go home - and enjoy your journey of a life time!! You'll have ups and

downs, but in the long run - things will be worth it.

btw - after you are home for awhile - sneak back into the hospital one night and

wake up the staff a few times - as if they are patients - see how they like it🤣

good luck - best wishes

kathy

Thank you for the advice and best wishes! My surgery was uneventful actually, I think they are just cautious and backed up a bit. Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

7 hours ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Thank you for the advice and best wishes! My surgery was uneventful actually, I think they are just cautious and backed up a bit. Fingers crossed for this afternoon!

I hope you were able to go home. I was discharged by 9am this morning. For me, being a self pay.. the rules are 2 nights.. the day of surgery for obvious reasons, and the day after to do a second leak test, then monitor your Water intake and gas removal. Overall I was a very lucky patient.