Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emergency Surgery

Well you have me sitting there to keep you company. I had acute pancreatitis in May 2015, still idiopathic, love that word, medicalese for "Duh, WE don't have any idea what caused it either" and my gastro says there was minute changes in my pancreas , more likelihood of diabetes or worse setting in, so like a watched pressure cooker I'm watched to see if the gauge flies off!
Don't Worry, that's like Don't look at the Elephant in the Room. 🐘there IT is Anyway!

2 hours ago, Redmaxx said:

go back to the gastro doctor in January and we devise a game plan

@Redmaxx

hey dude.

I do understand the bummer in once again having to wait for more news.

Been there, done that😨

its not easy to be patient, but i truly believe in the docs when they

say "don't worry". If something is going on - but i think if it were

really bad, he would have been more honest in saying, "hmmm, there

are serious things to look at", prepared you.

Try not to worry toooo much (Easier said than done) but worrying doesn't

help the situation. Tell your wife that too 😉 Hoping all will be ok - not too bad.

good luck

kathy

I would be hoping that as he only wants to see you again in Jan it’s not too serious or urgent

I guess that he didn't want to see the images because he has a report (not very good) and he wants the MRCP to verify and identify correctly what it is. But I don't think they can use specific terms (IPMN instead of cyst, etc) if it isn't true. I think they open themselves up to lawsuits if they did. I will wait and see. I guess if I get a call from the office saying that the doctor wants to see me sooner I will then know something is up. It isn't the fact that they found something that bothers me, it is the fact that they don't officially know what it is. Best case, they monitor me until it gets worse, worse case, the pancreas comes out. Like my primary told me, if they take your pancreas out you become a diabetic, you are already a diabetic.

Still virtually patting your hand and sitting in the waiting room. you didnt request a Buckeye foster sister but you got me now!