Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder-Questions

Hi I don't have the lapband yet but can tell you that significant weight loss rapidly can cause gallstones. I think that's why it's a risk with the lap band. I was very sick with my pregnancy and lost alot of weight in that nine months instead of gaining and b/c of that I ended up with gallstones and had my gallbladder removed at that time.

Hi Heather, If you've ever had gall bladder problems in the past, I believe that your surgeon will advise you to remove. I just had my gall bladder out on wednesday and am getting my lapband in 4 weeks. My particular surgeon doesn't do both together because of the possibility of contamination of the band, but some doctors do it at the same time. In my case, I'm glad now that he didn't do both together because my gall bladder was severly inflamed and the doc said I had a very black stone in it...

No, it doesn't.

Weightloss does.

My gallbladder went WACK 10 years ago when I was dieting.

So, if your gallbladder is going to go...it will go w/ weightloss, not just because of the band.

last few nights i had severe pain in my left side. i have had it before but thought it was due to a broken rib. but now i have the pain and sick to my stomach. so i ran my blood work and i have a very high lipase . my amylase is normal. so im thinking, pancreatic or gallbladder. my mom died young from pancreatic cancer. so i think maybe i should get checked. maybe i should get my gallbladder out. i also can feel the pain in my back on the left side also. what does if feel like if you have stones. i didnt eat today since i didnt want pain. so tonite it is not so bad. no stomach ache , just sore and tender......... any advice from someone whos been there and done that???? thanks.

<p><p>I also have gall bladder problems - a 2cm stone.</p> <p>I have only been banded for just under 4 weeks, and have only lost 11kg, but no attacks since being banded (yet).</p> <p>When my gall bladder did play up, I was getting intense pain on my right side - but also referred pain under my ribs on the left. I think it might be a good idea to get yourself checked.</p></p>

my er doc says pancreatisis. told me not too eat for a few days. great! i just had some fill taken out because i couldnt eat for like a week. so now i have to STILL not eat.. im supposed to drink tea. in a few days have toast and bananas. i dont eat toast or bananas.......... oh well.

i am having the longest gallbladder attack (i think) that i've ever had...my first attack was when i was pregnant 5 years ago...had attacks ever since every couple of months...it has never been diagnosed, but my doc told me that she thought my gallbladder was the problem...still haven't had tests done though. this attack has lasted for four days...but it was only unbearable for about 5 hours the night before last. i am still hurting, i feel sick and sore. i hope to find a doc on monday that can help me. i have new insurance and almost no one takes it. (GRRRRH!) anyway, just needed to type it out!

Hi Raysbabe, I am so sorry you are going through that. I can definately relate to you as I suffered with gall bladder problems for over 30 years. I know, stupid right. I just had it removed last week and I am so sorry that I didn't have it done sooner. All this time I was thinking I am lactose intolerant and now milk products are not bothering me. I think it all had to do with my gall bladder. I hope you are feeling better really soon and that you find a good doctor to help you. I could be wrong but I think most doctors that do lapband also remove gall bladders.

Regards,

Alfie

Hi Raysbabe, I am so sorry you are going through that. I can definately relate to you as I suffered with gall bladder problems for over 30 years. I know, stupid right. I just had it removed last week and I am so sorry that I didn't have it done sooner. All this time I was thinking I am lactose intolerant and now milk products are not bothering me. I think it all had to do with my gall bladder. I hope you are feeling better really soon and that you find a good doctor to help you. I could be wrong but I think most doctors that do lapband also remove gall bladders.

Regards,

Alfie

thanks alfie...my problem is that my lapband surgeon doesn't accept my insurance so i have to find someone else. after paying $17,000+ this year for this surgery, i have no "extra" funds to pay for a gallbladder surgery. my mom really wants me to try to fix this the natural way, but everyone i have talked to that has had their gallbladder removed is so happy that they did....don't know what i'm gonna do. thanks for the encouragement though!

Hi Alfie, i was just reading your thread, i am due to have my gall bladder out this Friday the 12th JANUARY,How are you feeling since your operation, mine is being done by laproscope,how have you been? any info would be great as i am very very nervous

thanks Jeannie.