Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just for Fun:)

I wonder what smells like barbecue? LOL:) Went to one of our traditional haunted houses last night...had a blast:) Happy Halloween!

I wonder.jpg

Does your family have Halloween traditions?

Edited by Creekimp13

My only tradition was the kids go trick or treating and I had weeks of candy to feast on. Guess that one is out the window.

You had weeks? We always ate the whole bag in like 72 hours, tops. LOL. Huge bag, too...

Some alternatives to the candy gorge...

Walk along with the tick or treaters:)

Go for a haunted hay ride.

Visit an orchard and pick apples.

Carve pumpkins, roast seeds.

Rake leaves, jump in them, hold leaf pile Olympics.

Make costumes, learn to do monster make up

Go to a haunted event:) Easiest Cardio Evah!

Go to a pet costume contest...Dogoween.

Host a scary movie sleepover

Visit Halloween stores for the creepy decorations and displays

Have a bonfire

Tell terrifying tales:)

Where I live now, and that might not be for too much longer, because my. house is for sale. There is 1 school age child in the neighbourhood. Do i buy items I don't like anyway, in case someone might " bus in from a distant area? Do I turn out the lights and hide? I haven't been able,to eat chocolate for years, now candy, even if I stock non- chocolate items doesn't appeal anymore. Do I feed it to my son who already has a 37-38 BMI and porkify him more? Not good for his health! Do I throw all the candy away and let the family budget take a hit?
As to tradirions, yes as a younger person I had them. My mother and I used to candy or caramel apples, gave them out as love gifts to neighbors kids 5hen the sickos came into force with their embeded razor blades. and pins embedded and the innocent majority were punished for the sins of a wicked majority Made many a popcorn ball in my time but Mama and my speciality was Homemade Cracker Jack , and we took pains with it, special Spanish peanuts, sometimes m8xed nuts, but caramelly or buttery toffee sauce on them. We predated Screaming Yellow Zonkers and their formula. And we did it in joyous love for all.
We went on Hayrides , one uncle who had the space would invite us kids for a Halloeen trail ride, and we had fun. Not going to say Good Old Days but they were quieter more family and friend centered Days, and I mourn for them now!

Man @Creekimp13 I'm coming to your place this year for Halloween. We're just plain boring here.

My hometown always does a big thing for Halloween. Parade, haunted house, etc. I always enjoy going to walk around with the family. Unfortunately, there are no young kids in my family right now but we still usually go out and look around. I havent been able to get down there for the last two years because Halloween has been on weekdays but I'm hoping I can manage it this year, despite it being on a Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Only slightly disappointed that I wont be able to have candy. For me, it's more about the family time and the feelings I have (I look forward to taking my own kids trick or treating one day) rather than the candy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the reminder. My town would have a parade, maybe 4-6 pm, the kids would match through downtown in their outfits and then we would go Trick or Treating in our own neighborhoods maybe 7 to 8:30pm, almost forgot about it cause we are talking 50s to early 60s. 50 to 60 years ago., lot of Water downstream since then!

Thanks for the reminder. My town would have a parade, maybe 4-6 pm, the kids would match through downtown in their outfits and then we would go Trick or Treating in our own neighborhoods maybe 7 to 8:30pm, almost forgot about it cause we are talking 50s to early 60s. 50 to 60 years ago., lot of Water downstream since then!

I like carving pumpkins, but I might have to carve it after Halloween is over. No lifting for me, this month, and carving without lifting is tricky. (It's OK. It's worth it. And you bet I'll carve a pumpkin four days after Halloween. I've dyed Easter eggs in the wrong month, too.)

I'm hoping my incisions heal up to the point where I feel safe wandering in the dark (aka risking a fall), so I can do a corn maze this year. But, again, if not, there's always future years.

We're on a major path for trick or treaters, and I don't want candy in the house. So my plan is to hand out the glow-in-the-dark temporary tattoos I bought a couple of years ago for kids with food allergies or other medical issues. They seemed popular enough.