Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre -op and Nervous

Hi everyone.

I'm brand new here and need some good news stories. I will be having Gastric Bypass in 2 days. I chickened out 10 years ago I was afraid to not wake up from surgery. I had 3 young kids at the time. Anyway I am older now and my health is getting worse, I need to do this but I am nervous. Please just a little reassurance will go a long way.:unsure:

Watch this guy's videos. They're pretty inspiring. He did the same thing. He backed out at the last minute the first time around and finally went through with it at a later date.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dajerseyrat/videos

Complications are very rare and I'm sure you wouldn't use a surgeon without a great reputation. I'd be happy to pray for a successful surgery and for your peace of mind if you'd like me to.

Personally, I knew that the odds of my death were much higher every time I got behind the wheel of a car. I take my life in my hands every day and don't get to sleep through it! Honestly, it will be over before you know it!

I am right there with you. Scared as hell and nervous as all get out. It's normal and when I talk to myself (often) I tell myself doing something that I fear, demonstrates bravery. It helps me with resetting my thinking. I'm tired of my knees hurting, found out Friday my sleeve is dilated and gastric polyps. If I can stop taking meds for acid reflux (over 10 years), have knees that don't ache and buy a smaller bra (eventually) I'm going for it. You are not alone in this; I got you in prayer. Take a deep breath and get ready to embrace the next chapter in your life.

@JerseyJules is a member on this forum. Maybe he'll respond after seeing he was tagged.

Don't let the worries get to you. Just know your doing it for your health and in turn for your family. All will go well and you'll wonder why you let it become such a big concern.

Hi guys! Yes I backed out literally last minute the first time around. I had so many hang ups about what I was about to do. I assure you it will be the best decision you could make for your future and those that love you. My very first video explains my issues in detail. Good luck and hope to see you on the losers bench!

20180918_132811-COLLAGE.jpg

20180918_132255-COLLAGE.jpg

20180918_143912-COLLAGE.jpg

20180921_140548-COLLAGE.jpg

@jerseyjule went to bed with you in my ear last night. Literally watched your channel until I passed out. So glad someone shared your channel. I can tell you are real, unfiltered and raw with your truth. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't scared and nervous for all the reasons you mention and maybe a couple more but I'm moving forward. I literally am watching my mother fall apart in front of my eyes because she chose not to take good care of her health. That won't be me....forget about Go Home I'm Going Big!

3 hours ago, SHNGSTAR said:

@jerseyjule went to bed with you in my ear last night. Literally watched your channel until I passed out. So glad someone shared your channel. I can tell you are real, unfiltered and raw with your truth. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't scared and nervous for all the reasons you mention and maybe a couple more but I'm moving forward. I literally am watching my mother fall apart in front of my eyes because she chose not to take good care of her health. That won't be me....forget about Go Home I'm Going Big!

Don't worry, these doctors know what they are doing and the complications are few and far in between and usually related to other health issues or patient non compliance. Do EXACTLY what the doctor tells you and you'll be fine. I'm not gonna candy coat it, the first 6 weeks really suck not being able to eat.. But once you can eat, you don't really wanna eat.. Good luck and don't go big, go small..😁

Oh PS follow me on Instagram to see what types of foods I cook and am able to eat now. JerseyJules1974 on IG

On 9/22/2018 at 2:07 PM, FaithandHope said:

Hi everyone.

I'm brand new here and need some good news stories. I will be having Gastric Bypass in 2 days. I chickened out 10 years ago I was afraid to not wake up from surgery. I had 3 young kids at the time. Anyway I am older now and my health is getting worse, I need to do this but I am nervous. Please just a little reassurance will go a long way.:unsure:

I wish I had the Bypass back in 2011 when I had the band... Best thing I've done in a very long time. Had my 6 month check in today, down 87 lbs since March, 147 since my max.

The surgery is much safer then it used to be, medical technology has advanced and the risk have reduced greatly as well.

Just remember, the risk of the surgery is lower than the risk of not having the surgery if you are obese.

Good luck!