Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mental health

Whew I am so glad I read all this. My psych nurse made me feel like I was nuts when I started crying in her office. (My therapist totally gets my emotional rollercoaster right now and this thread just proved what my therapist said) My psych wanted to up my meds and send me for intensive outpatient therapy. I didn't up my meds or go to more therapy and Im fine. Hormones are a real b***h kitty! Some days Im like la di dah! And the next Im a hot mess. Hopefully this will all even out soon enough.

Check out this short video from my surgeon's office. It's from the previous psych doc they had on staff (they have a new one now). It was required to watch it yesterday. It explains everything you may be experiencing regarding mental health and what's normal and what isn't : The post op stuff starts at 2:50.

Edited by mousecat88

@mousecat88 thank you for posting that video! That was incredibly helpful. I actually took a few screen shots. I wish my surgeons office had explained the mental/emotional side of things a little better and that video seals a lot of holes in my knowledge. Thank you!!!!

And weird things set you off, you can cry at the drop of a hat or because someone couldn't afford a hat. I can admit to being a Medical Geek, thought I might be having Pseudobulbar Affect, then I said" Relax , you're merely hormonal", had a lot of fat, a lot of things released. 😛Oh well, as I bounce,off the wall there will be,others bouncing with me. LOL and Boing Boing.