Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I'm a newbie here

Hi Christian . I'm Anna and I'm 27 . I'm new a new memeber as well. I just had my sleeve surgery on August 28th I'm 12 days post op . leading up to it was a struggle and i had alot of obstacles along the way but it was the best decision ive ever made for myself . keep up the good work you can do this :)

Sent from my VS987 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Christan I'm rather a newbie in a different way. I just had my RNY surgery on September 5th, was in the hospital for 2 days so this was my first full day home. Things are going pretty good. I have to be on blood thinner shots for 3 weeks , the stuff is lovenox, guess it is doing its job , my lower belly looks like someone took a lawn roller to me, but at least I have lessened my chances of throwing a pulmonary emboli or having a stroke. The actual incisions are pretty okay, its the Technicolor tummy that gives me a jolt.
But I feel whole lot bettter, better than Even I could guess. And Christian if you doctor advises you a bypass accept his suggestion. I will lose my weight faster than my sleeved sisters as a rule. But then we all are indivuals, and there may be some that no nobody was enough, seldom,loses at the same rate. As a guy you will lose faster than us girls. But I wish you well, and BYPASS-VILLE is as nice a place as SLEEVE-TOWN. So makes your choices and start a new life.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, Vsg_redemption said:

Hello everyone my name is Christian I'm 38 years old and I reside in Manhattan, New York. I've been overweight all my life but on may 16th of 2018 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with no complications, hypertension and high cholesterol, so that day I made a decision to change my life and start loving myself... I quit drinking soda and drinking any type os sugary drinks, instead I drink water.. In fact Water is all I drink now and I stopped eating Chinese takeout and eating more homemade healthy meals. I've chosen to VSG surgery because out of all the other types of Bariatric surgeries vsg is the best in my opinion. I haven't started the process yet which I was told will take 6 months but I'm already covered by my insurance so that's a good thing.. On September 11th I have a follow up with my pcp on that day i plan on starting the process for vsg surgery, I wish all of you the best in your journey if anyone likes they can follow me on instagram@vsg_redemption vsg_redemption_BkOqDOGHZuO.jpeg vsg_redemption_Bl1UEKBnzv1.jpeg vsg_redemption_BmB1JNBnUI2.jpeg vsg_redemption_Bm9_TJ3lWaJ.jpeg vsg_redemption_BnHn7XdlHvF.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome. I am a newbie too. I have a surgery date of Oct. 24, thou I don't think I am officially approved yet. I guess their preliminary talks with my insurance company has them thinking I will be approved. I am waiting for an appointment with the psychiatrist who does approval/clearance regarding the mentally ready piece and an ekg, then all my pre-lim tests will be done. I like your tip of giving up diet soda before I actually "have" too. I had giving it up another time but was discouraged that I didn't lose any weight, so picked up the habit again.

Welcome aboard!! Right decision to consider sx. Had sleeve done Aug 22. Everyday is a new day and challenge but it can be done and done with a purpose of losing weight and living healthy!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches