Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

losing jusme's quest to the Minnie marathon

Alright LJM, lets gear each other up, my half marathon is coming up on May 18 and I need to get my butt into gear to train some longer distances. 13.4km is the furthest I've done and thats not near good enough. We can do this (or die trying haha)!!!!!!

my DH had a 5K yesterday so i couldnt do my long walk... so i went today.

9.1something miles... wow. i did it.

the pace wasnt that great, but i now know i can physically walk the 9 miles ...

i gotta push myself ... the Minnie Marathon is 2 weeks from today :rolleyes::eek::thumbup::eek: and i am bound and determined to get a medal ... and you have to finish and not get swept (15 min/mile pace)...

i am doing race for the cure next saturday and am thinking about doing another 9 miles (that hopefully my iPod will register - grrrrrrr) Sunday, but not sure if i'll be able to.

today was a perfect day for it. great weather (mid-70s) but a little windy.

im not sure what my mileage looks like this week. tomorrow is my busiest / most stressful day at work ... SO not looking forward to it. :thumbup:

LJM you have inspired me so much that I am now officially in training for a half marathon scheduled on June 29...just 4 days before my TT. My goal is to run the Eugene Marathon next May. I have a 5K run scheduled for this Saturday and a 5K run scheduled the same day as your Minnie Marathon. We can keep each other in mind. Now 5k is now where near a half-marathon (that is the minnie marathon right?), but I just started training!!

You truly are an inspiration to all of us. Being able to push through the pain, shows the rest of us that it can be done. I figured if you could push for the marathon this close after your surgery that I could do it. I will certainly have you in my thoughts when I am running on the 4th!

LJM you have inspired me so much that I am now officially in training for a half marathon scheduled on June 29...just 4 days before my TT. My goal is to run the Eugene Marathon next May. I have a 5K run scheduled for this Saturday and a 5K run scheduled the same day as your Minnie Marathon. We can keep each other in mind. Now 5k is now where near a half-marathon (that is the minnie marathon right?), but I just started training!!

You truly are an inspiration to all of us. Being able to push through the pain, shows the rest of us that it can be done. I figured if you could push for the marathon this close after your surgery that I could do it. I will certainly have you in my thoughts when I am running on the 4th!

:rolleyes2:

salsa,

thanks ...

if i can show one person that a 400+ pound non-moving food-aholic (yes, still - at least the food part) can lose almost half my body weight and love getting up and walk/running, it's worth publishing everything... the good and the not so good ...

the Minnie is only (ha - only) 15KM or 9.something miles.

how are you training for your half? what training program are you using? if you dont have one, i can zip you mine if you'd like.

you will need to up your cals (which for some is hard to do - not me - HA!)

if there is not a Disney marathon next May (they are talking a Princess half instead of the Minnie for next year), if you want, i can try to come up and run it with you... we can virtually train together.

good luck on your 5Ks, it is a great start!!!

:tongue_smilie:

salsa,

thanks ...

if i can show one person that a 400+ pound non-moving food-aholic (yes, still - at least the food part) can lose almost half my body weight and love getting up and walk/running, it's worth publishing everything... the good and the not so good ...

the Minnie is only (ha - only) 15KM or 9.something miles.

how are you training for your half? what training program are you using? if you dont have one, i can zip you mine if you'd like.

you will need to up your cals (which for some is hard to do - not me - HA!)

if there is not a Disney marathon next May (they are talking a Princess half instead of the Minnie for next year), if you want, i can try to come up and run it with you... we can virtually train together.

good luck on your 5Ks, it is a great start!!!

Wow that is a wonderful offer.:thumbup: I am follwing the marathonrookie.com training schedule, but if you could send me yours that would be great. There is a thread around here somewhere that asks what people are doing to Celebrate their bandiversary...and I have decided that for mine I am running a half marathon! Actually I am doing it 1 month and 1 week early cause I don't think my PS would be happy if I tried running a half marathon 1 month after surgery!

As for upping the cals how many do you consume? I am on maintenance at 1500 (but it seems that if I exercise at 1500 then I still lose weight and my PS doesn't want that!) I am actually finding it VERY difficult to get in 1500 calories. Even being unfilled I don't have much of an appetite and I have turned into a food nazi (for lack of a better term). I think my biggest problem food wise is going to be getting in carbs. I am an Atkins girl to the core. I ate carbs while losing weight, but not many. I ate enough that I didn't feel like I was on a diet, but I still stay under 50. I know that is going to have to change, but I feel like crap when I eat them. Plus eating them puts me on a slippery slope. So I have to be VERY careful of the kinds of carbs I eat. Nothing snackish. Any Snacks I have must be Protein based or I will snack, snack, snack all day long.

Anyways I would love to have you as a training partner, though I am going to have to take a hiatus in July! But I figure once I am back up and healed from the TT then I am off to run the full blown Marathon in May.

im doing a 5K saturday and trying for the 15K again on Sunday. i cant believe a week for right now we'll be landing in Orlando ... SOOOOOO excited ... can you tell?

im doing a 5K saturday and trying for the 15K again on Sunday. i cant believe a week for right now we'll be landing in Orlando ... SOOOOOO excited ... can you tell?

i can't believe your doing this all so soon after PS - big congrats, you still inspire!!! good luck!!

Your going to do great!!!!!:thumbup:

Wahooo....I week until the Minnie Marathon. Orlando would be fun, though for me the humidity would probably cause me to keel over on within the first mile. I finished my first 5K today and I thought I was doing horrible on time until I got to where I could see the timer and HOLY COW, I had cut 5:30 off my best time. I am a SLOW runner (I will never WIN a marathon!) and the best I had done is a 40 minute 5K. Today 34:30! I was so excited. Next week I am going across the mountains and down significantly in altitude so I am hoping I can do even better! I would LOVE to get below 30:00 but I don't know if that is possible. Though that is my goal. I know I can finish, now it is time to start working on the time!

Good luck on training this week!

OMG, that is an amazing 5K time!

my DH (super trim 6'2.5" - maybe 155-160) ran his 5K last weekend and his time was 29mins ... so your time is phenominal!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Good luck this weekend losing! Im be there with you. Its my Duathlon this weekend so we can think about each other!

Good job on the 34 min 5k btw Salsa. Now your an athlete!