Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

It’s tough. My desk is right in my bedroom by the scale. It’s too easy.

Ack! Yeah that would be hard!

I'm daily - every morning, after using the bathroom. No, my weight doesn't change much any given day, but it helps me mentally keep accountable for my food choices.

I Have SOOO much respect for those of you that can weigh daily and not let the stalls and fluctuations get you down! I think I could some weeks, but my head space changes so much! You all are an inspiration though, It gives me so much hope to see how well everyone is doing, no matter their schedule or lack there of with the scale!

@GreenTealael Removing it! Genius. lol, not even kidding. I cant get rid of the one in my house completely...but I might try hiding it between weigh ins. Dont need it sitting there staring at me when ever I have to visit the bathroom.. .

Edited by LeiaStone

13 minutes ago, LeiaStone said:

Ack! Yeah that would be hard!

Yeah. It is.

1 minute ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Yeah. It is.

Maybe you could put a flower pot in front of it. . .Only kind of kidding.
I think a lot of the other peeps on here have the right idea though, so long as you know there will be fluctuations and don't beat your self up about it, it can be okay? I have a lot of work to do around that my self.

Just now, LeiaStone said:

Maybe you could put a flower pot in front of it. . .Only kind of kidding.
I think a lot of the other peeps on here have the right idea though, so long as you know there will be fluctuations and don't beat your self up about it, it can be okay? I have a lot of work to do around that my self.

I just can’t be obsessive about it and I can be so I’m trying to be good and only weigh in once a week.

I’m one week postop. The day I got home from the hospital I had my kids hide the scale. I don’t want to focus on my weight at this point. If I could opt out of weighing in at my follow up appointments I would. I don’t need to see it fluctuating and stressing me out.

At six weeks post I’ll ask for the scale back and weigh myself once a week Monday mornings.

1 minute ago, KCgirl061 said:

I’m one week postop. The day I got home from the hospital I had my kids hide the scale. I don’t want to focus on my weight at this point. If I could opt out of weighing in at my follow up appointments I would. I don’t need to see it fluctuating and stressing me out.

At six weeks post I’ll ask for the scale back and weigh myself once a week Monday mornings.

Me too! Congrats for completing the first week!

Sounds like your kids are awesome. Hiding it for a while sounds like a great idea. .... I think I'm going to follow your lead. Or at least hide it from my self Wednesday through monday every week.

I weigh daily, I always have. You have to have the mindset that there are stalls and fluctuations.

Twice daily (sometimes more often). Yes, I’m obsessive. Yes it can dictate my mood for the day. Stalls can be particularly painful for me.

Even when there is a clear hormonal reason why I might be fluctuating up, it can still bum me out.

For me, weighing is part of my morning ritual. Its an important reminder every morning to stay on track and be healthy.

I have lost weight a million times before bariatric surgery and every time I regained it was because I stopped weighing myself everyday.

I do wish I could stop the panicked evening weigh ins though. Once a day should be enough. My family has threatened to hide my scale but I would literally run out and buy a new scale and hide it!

i do not recommend that anyone else engage in my insane behaviour!

I weigh in at doctors appointments and dietician appointments so fortnightly or monthly

4 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

Twice daily (sometimes more often). Yes, I’m obsessive. Yes it can dictate my mood for the day. Stalls can be particularly painful for me.

Even when there is a clear hormonal reason why I might be fluctuating up, it can still bum me out.

For me, weighing is part of my morning ritual. Its an important reminder every morning to stay on track and be healthy.

I have lost weight a million times before bariatric surgery and every time I regained it was because I stopped weighing myself everyday.

I do wish I could stop the panicked evening weigh ins though. Once a day should be enough. My family has threatened to hide my scale but I would literally run out and buy a new scale and hide it!

i do not recommend that anyone else engage in my insane behaviour!

I could EASILLY see my self doing this! If I could just avoid the getting discouraged part... I was the queen of self sabotage in the past if I started feeling like a failure. Still. . ..It is REALLY hard ignoring the scale today! Yesterday was my weigh day and . . . I'm already wanting to check if my choices yesterday effected the number in a good or bad way.
Thank you for sharing your experiences! Sounds like we kinda go through some really similar thought patterns regarding weigh ins!
I tend to get soo freaked out when I have to weigh at a weird time of day at the docs office and stuff. . I guess its all pretty common though.

After surgery, I didn’t weigh myself until my first and second post op appointments. Now, 3 1/2 months out, I weigh myself a couple times a week...

I’m in the daily camp, after I shower, and before I eat/ drink anything, unless I wash my hair and then nope. I do plan to back off on the weigh ins as I get more secure in what I’m doing.

For me it’s been good to catch the stalls and see the fluctuations in real time. Did I eat not so healthy - I’ll see it, did I go on a long walk, I’ll see the connections. For me it’s a quick way for me to be accountable (and honest) to myself as I’m horrible at food logging.

While traveling for two weeks where I had no access to a scale and because I was so busy/active it didn’t bother me. But I did loose that connection on what I ate/activity.

I hate being away from my scale! I was in New York for two weeks in April and it stressed me out so much! I’m going to London/Paris for two weeks in October and I’m freaking out and weight gain and not being able to monitor weight fluctuations. Particularly as I went off plan in New York and was eating whatever I wanted!!