Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych eval - DONE
Pulmonalogist - tomorrow
Then next week is cardiology
Slowly working my way through my list.
Same here. Today gastro next week endoscopy, september EKG,... And the list goes on.... Surgery is for end of november....excited but starting to change my mind because at age 56. And 220 lb. Im so scared that my skin will sag n my hair will will fall of plus many other things. ....i really wish i had encouragement here

48 minutes ago, AngelaM258 said:

Psych eval - DONE

Pulmonalogist - tomorrow

How did your psych eval go? Mine totally drained me! I had to take a 600 question eval after I spoke with the doctor. It was exhausting. My pulmonary appointment isn't until the 27th. I am still waiting on all of the other appointments to start rolling in. I also had the three month medical weight loss that I had to complete. I go in for my second weigh in on the 28th. I am hoping to have all of these evals completed by my 3rd and final weigh in in September. When will you finish your 3 months? Progress is so exciting!

48 minutes ago, AngelaM258 said:

Psych eval - DONE

Pulmonalogist - tomorrow

How did your psych eval go? Mine totally drained me! I had to take a 600 question eval after I spoke with the doctor. It was exhausting. My pulmonary appointment isn't until the 27th. I am still waiting on all of the other appointments to start rolling in. I also had the three month medical weight loss that I had to complete. I go in for my second weigh in on the 28th. I am hoping to have all of these evals completed by my 3rd and final weigh in in September. When will you finish your 3 months? Progress is so exciting!

Just now, Psyched said:

You’re moving right along. The psych eval wasn’t what I expected. Really she went over my questionnaire and asked a couple question about different answers. It was almost mostly a teaching session. Yes, I did a personality test too.

My first weigh in will be 9/4. So I should end the first part of November with surgery in late November to December.

@ Palomabella, my precious, you have ME! Yes the self-same oldest presurgical person on Bariatric Pal. You're worried at 56, sad to say I could be your mother, I'm 16 years older yet.Yep 72, I'll be 73 the day after Christmas. But I am marching forward, head held high, well maybe my neck is frozen in that position, but I don't think so. 3 weeks from yesterday I will have my surgery. Its a toss up whether I'll resemble a shar pei or basset hound afterward. I might have a body,only,Jabba the Hut could love but it beats being dead all hollow. And if I look like an Irish Setter with mange, so be it. At least,this winter I can pull on a knitted or crochet hat, I must have 2 dozen lying around, I went on a craft binge a couple years ago. And by spring new hair will have sprouted, maybe I'll get my birth curls back, I was a very cute infant with curls all over my head. My mama said so, went,to her grave,believing,i was the greatest thing since sliced 🍞 bread.< br /> I probably will look like something the dog dug out of the garbage and just left there. I have very fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, I probably will look like Ronald McDonald after an alcoholic weekend with dark circles under my eyes. Now you couldn't look THAT BAD! I will probably be holding onto my son's arm, flinching as I walk but I will have a s***-eating grin on my face, I've proved all the nay-sayers wrong. I could do it, I did do it and by golly I'm going to rock the rest of my years. This is a new lease on life for ME! Now don't you want to join me? Gonna be like nothing the world has seen , I need a Thelma for my Louise, are you game?

8 minutes ago, AngelaM258 said:

You’re moving right along. The psych eval wasn’t what I expected. Really she went over my questionnaire and asked a couple question about different answers. It was almost mostly a teaching session. Yes, I did a personality test too.

My first weigh in will be 9/4. So I should end the first part of November with surgery in late November to December.

Yes, now that you mention it, he did the same. I didn't mind it so much. The 600 questions, was really about 20 solid questions with some unimportant questions thrown in, asked 600 different ways. I was exhausted by it. I really didn't expect it. I am telling everyone who calls that I would like the first available appointment. Hopefully handling it this way will insure that I finish with all of these tests next month. Yes, definitely shouldn't be long after that for you.

32 minutes ago, PALOMABELLA said:

Same here. Today gastro next week endoscopy, september EKG,... And the list goes on.... Surgery is for end of november....excited but starting to change my mind because at age 56. And 220 lb. Im so scared that my skin will sag n my hair will will fall of plus many other things. ....i really wish i had encouragement here

Do you have any family that can be there for you? A best friend? Definitely link up with the support group that they have available for you. Outside of that.... this place. Even with the FULL support of my husband (taking off work to go to appts. with me, etc.) and my best friend's FULL support (she wanted copies of my plans so that she could eat just like I have to; she doesn't need to lose weight at all, just wants to love me and support me), this site has been nothing short of amazing for me and I need it. It's nothing like being able to connect with people who have traveled this road before, are on the journey now, or even considering it. That's a different kind of support and it's needed and important and I, along with many others here, certainly will do me best to encourage you along the way.

Yes I does seem like. there are a lot and each practice seems to have their own criteria, but when you get them all done, have your insurance approval and your Date set it is all worthwhe and suddenly it doesn't matter how long it took.And you will be like me , exbcited, paking a tote, making sure you have your transportation ready. Take a deep breath and relax, you've done it. You really have!

@ Palomabella, my precious, you have ME! Yes the self-same oldest presurgical person on Bariatric Pal. You're worried at 56, sad to say I could be your mother, I'm 16 years older yet.Yep 72, I'll be 73 the day after Christmas. But I am marching forward, head held high, well maybe my neck is frozen in that position, but I don't think so. 3 weeks from yesterday I will have my surgery. Its a toss up whether I'll resemble a shar pei or basset hound afterward. I might have a body,only,Jabba the Hut could love but it beats being dead all hollow. And if I look like an Irish Setter with mange, so be it. At least,this winter I can pull on a knitted or crochet hat, I must have 2 dozen lying around, I went on a craft binge a couple years ago. And by spring new hair will have sprouted, maybe I'll get my birth curls back, I was a very cute infant with curls all over my head. My mama said so, went,to her grave,believing,i was the greatest thing since sliced [emoji506] bread.< br>I probably will look like something the dog dug out of the garbage and just left there. I have very fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, I probably will look like Ronald McDonald after an alcoholic weekend with dark circles under my eyes. Now you couldn't look THAT BAD! I will probably be holding onto my son's arm, flinching as I walk but I will have a s***-eating grin on my face, I've proved all the nay-sayers wrong. I could do it, I did do it and by golly I'm going to rock the rest of my years. This is a new lease on life for ME! Now don't you want to join me? Gonna be like nothing the world has seen , I need a Thelma for my Louise, are you game?
Frustr8 i just saw this message and im in with u. Because you r soooo funny u had me laughing that i couldnt stop. But u no what??? I wish i could be a strong positive person like you. It shows that u r strong willed. N im honored to be yur louise. Me i just started the process last month. My first psychologist apt is sept 27. My first nutrichionist. Is next wk. But dr says my surgery will be in february. Dont no why so long. Im just scared that after i loose weight for my 3 weigh ins i will gain it back before the surgery n my insurance wont aprove it. This is all nerve wrecking. But its like u say. Its for our health. N im sure that no mater the age god is in control. U will rock after your surgery. Im starting to buy all the protiens n Vitamins ..bariatric Soups n protien shakes now so that i wont be lacking anything. Good luck n faith will get us through. Let me no when is your surgery or has it beed done as i will keep you in prayer for a fast n healthy recovery.