Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vertical Sleeve at 20 years old ?

Hey hope everyone is having a great day ! I want to come on here and just get some honest help and advice hopefully .

To give you a brief summary about me , I do suffer from obesity and have a major weight problem. I can safely say that a majority of my weight gain has been within a period of 2 years. From the age of 18 - 20 years old I have managed to put on a whopping 80 pounds . May of 2018 I weighed in at 305 pounds and since then have lost around 17 pounds which puts me at 286. I have struggled with gaining a mass amount and loosing for a while. This time I feel like it has been a tougher time for me because I actually hit 300 pounds and that was a weight I told myself I would never reach. I do not suffer from binge eating disorder because I never sit and just eat a mass amount of food . I believe I make poor decisions on what I eat overall. Looking back at how I ate food , I could have easily been consuming 4,000 calories a day . Now I consume 1,700 -2,000 calories a day which keeps me satisfied . I do light exercise and occasionally go to the gym during the week. ( no set plan , just come and go when i have time). I have been following this for about 2 months now .

I have tried many ways to loose weight such as weight watchers , hiring a personal trainer and counting calories. Through my attempts I always fail to loose the weight necessary and become highly discouraged. The struggle with my morbid obesity has been very tough for me . My whole life I have been over weight , but now that im a young adult Its become a huge burden to my body and social life. I have spoken to my doctor about my concerns regarding my obesity and we have done blood tests which all came back fine. He did mention if I was interested in doing weight loss surgery to help with my obesity and that is something I have been considering for almost a year alone. Medically I believe I qualify , due to my BMI of 42.5 and having asthma along with it. I want to see a nutritionist and bariatric doctor so I can be consulted and exhaust all my other options before I truely do the surgery ( if i get approved). Overall Im just tired of gaining so much weight after I loose a small amount. My life has been dramatically affected and want a change.

get a food tracking app -myfitnesspal is very popular around here

ramp up your Water consumption

remove sugar from your diet

cut processed carbs out - that's the bread and Pasta

eat foods found on the 3 walls of the grocery store - not the middle isles

and spend the time researching this procedure and checking your insurance requirements - it takes 6 months to a year after you officially start this process so you have some time ahead of you.

i am a very big (not so big now) fan of the sleeve but you need to know what your buying into.

good luck and those things i listed above they are even more important Post op so work towards them now and it will make the changes you need to make easier after the surgery.

I started the process of weightloss surgery when I was close to your age (I weighed 269) but backed out. I got back to jogging and lost 80 pounds that way, but it was a constant up and downhill of my weight. I took phentermine on and off and then my weight skyrocketed to 241 after I had a total knee replacement at 36 years old. I finally decided that was enough and that I needed more help. I just had VSG 4 months ago and feel great. I am already down to 190 and wish I had done this years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app