Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started off 237pounds at 5’6 (9/23/17) as of (7/19/18) I’m at 144pounds. Some may think this is great but I have literally started eating everything because I want the weight loss to stop. My butt,thighs and boobs sags like old socks. #idontknowwhattodo

3 minutes ago, stewart7 said:

I started off 237pounds at 5’6 (9/23/17) as of (7/19/18) I’m at 144pounds. Some may think this is great but I have literally started eating everything because I want the weight loss to stop. My butt,thighs and boobs sags like old socks. #idontknowwhattodo

Well, for 144 lbs at 5 foot 6, your BMI is 23.2. The high end of "normal". So, you aren't actually "too small" that's just your view of yourself compared to what you are used to. As far as stuff sagging... well, that's because you were "ObeseClass II" "Severely Obese" with a BMI of 38.3.

Talk to your doctors about it. But you are by far not medically "too small" or underweight. It's unwise to just start eating everything just because. Discuss your situation with your doctors... They were there before the surgery, they were there for the surgery, they are still there for you after your surgery. If your issue is with sagging skin... you should have been well aware of this side effect going into surgery. It happens, it's part of the process.

I can deal with the sagging of the skin, I just want it to stop😭.. I thought it would be in slow motion by now, well that’s not the case.. I’m in the process of trying to gain muscle, hopefully that will help my mind .. thanks

15 minutes ago, stewart7 said:

I can deal with the sagging of the skin, I just want it to stop😭.. I thought it would be in slow motion by now, well that’s not the case.. I’m in the process of trying to gain muscle, hopefully that will help my mind .. thanks

Just understand that, larger muscles require more energy than small ones... so they will consume more calories. But seriously, if you think your weight loss is problematic, you should be talking to your doctors.

Not sure what to say about the sagging as I am experiencing this already, too. I started taking a collagen supplement a couple of days ago to see if that would help. About a month ago, I got serious about using cereve body lotion mixed with argan oil every day and I have to say my saggy body parts look nourished!:lol:

Good for you for working on building muscles -- I started weight lifting myself almost 2 months ago and I am so happy with my added strength and muscles!

Your starting stats are similar to mine -- I hope/pray I can hit 144, sags be damned! Can I ask how much you ate during the weight loss phase?

Depending on your diet, you might try adding about 5G of healthy carbs per day for a week at a time until your weight stabilizes and your stop losing. If you are weight training to build muscle you can also consider eating a good quality Protein Bar or shake daily. Depending on your age, the sagging skin may or may not improve. You can always look into having it removed/lifted once you are at a stable weight. Many people on here have posted pictures of truly amazing results.

Good luck!!

Know that your body will find its new point. You won’t keep losing forever and will likely regain 5-10 lbs from the bottom. That’s a typical pattern.

I’m your height and I bottomed out and regained about 7. I maintain comfortably at about 135 with lots of muscle. You’re not too thin you just aren’t used to being normal weight.

But yes if you do want to stop add some nutrient dense high calorie food. Dairy, nuts, avocado.... that kind of thing.

Those are around my stats. I’d shoot for middle of your BMI range. 144 is still on the top end of our range. I personally am shooting for 135.
Talk to you Drs about gaining or stopping weight if you’re that concerned

Sagging skin is inevitable for most successful bariatric patients. The only way to resolve it is with plastic surgery.

I’m 5’8” and weigh 125 lbs. I look good (not too thin/skeletal) but am hoping that I can get PS one of these days. I would like an arm lift and Tummy Tuck. For now, I’m doing lots of Bikram hot yoga to improve my posture and develop muscle tone and flexibility.

OP: i can’t imagine trying to gain weight when you’re not malnourished. Your body will find its new set point. I worry that doing what you’re doing will result in bad habits and greater weight gain than you desire, resulting in worsening health and inability to maintain weight loss long term.

5 hours ago, stewart7 said:

I ate exactly what my doctor told me to eat, I did not stray away.

And what was that?

Edited by Apple203

Give it another few years, you'll be wishing you were 144 again. Believe me. Most regain a certain amount of weight statistically.