Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new Tattoo:)

I'll be 46 this week, and my bestie got me my first tattoo for my birthday.

I couldn't begin to tell you the real meaning behind this tattoo...and it would rob some of the magic if I did, so I won't. BUT....symbolically, lily of the valley is associated with "a return to happiness, humility and luck".....which is pretty neato all by itself.

PS...in case you can't figure out what body part that is...lol...it's my right ankle:)

My tat.jpg

Edited by Creekimp13

Nice! Just watch out with healing on the ankle, they like to shed ink.

Very pretty!

I could never commit to a tattoo. A week later, I'd wish it was a green dragon instead of a red one, or Tweety instead of Sylvester, or whatever. Commitment issues! Amazing I've been married nearly 29 years ;)

So far, so good, Matt. If that happens I'll have a touch up:) So far it's looking pretty bold and stable. Much less red and swollen today than in the pic (taken a few hours after it was done). My tattooist has been in the business over 20 years and my bestie has a gorgeous ankle tattoo he did for her over a decade ago:)

1 minute ago, Creekimp13 said:

So far, so good, Matt. If that happens I'll have a touch up:) So far it's looking pretty bold and stable. Much less red and swollen today than in the pic (taken a few hours after it was done). My tattooist has been in the business over 20 years and my bestie has a gorgeous ankle tattoo he did for her over a decade ago:)

I've been around the industry since I was born, countless friends of mine are tattoo artists. Just speaking from experience, I've got a number of ankle/foot/toe tattoos... over the ankle plate can be tough because of how often the body sheds there, not saying it will be a problem but it can. Really anything from right above the ankle down can be problematic if you aren't careful during healing. I noticed yours looks like it's healing rather well. I just realized I don't know how many hours of tattoo work I have anymore... my last was just a few months ago and it was just shy of 8 hours of straight color work. LOL. I've got... somewhere around, I dunno, 100 hours or tattoo work? maybe more?

And I missed the birthday part. Happy Birthday!

Matt, I wonder if women don't have an easier time with ankle tattoos because our fat content in our skin is higher? Our skin is more supple, too, cause testosterone thickens and toughens skin.

I have literally no redness today...it's looking awesome:) My tattoo guy wanted to see a pic this morning and was very pleased.

Will keep your concerns in mind and keep careful track of it, however:) Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Creekimp13

Happy BDay Creek! Awesome tattoo!

Was thinking of symbolizing this journey with one but have not decided what that would be.

Very pretty tattoo, Creek, hope to do one myself in tribute, yeah even at 72. I always heard Lily of the Valley signified always within my memory. Even the few times we have disagreed I too have always found you unforgettable! Your guy did a very nice job.😛🍃

This is stunning. I LOVE white in a beautiful, simple tattoo. I love it that it represents this hugely important journey that we are all taking.

i have a shoulder tattoo from my 20s and an arm band from my 30s. But I now have a breast-bone to pubic bone scar - lower half hysterectomy, top half the open bypass/band and mesh removal. And the gall bladder removal scar running alongside, which is knotty - NO sewing prize for that man! I an thinking about a tummy tattoo - down my side but with tendrils across my belly to just past half way. I dive, and the driver for losing weight was being too fat to safely dive any more, so a seascape with critters, maybe...

Edited by Biddy zz

18 hours ago, Biddy zz said:

a seascape with critters, maybe...

Love it!

I like it! I have a tat on my right ankle as well, only I got it when I was 18 (1988) a long time ago. They told me the color would need to be filled in every 10 years, but it still looks okay I guess. It has no meaning, I was 18 and in the Army and got matching tattoos with a friend that ended up in Germany and we lost track of each other. I have had to cover it for every job I have had (I work with kids) :( no dresses for me unless I use band aids. Happy Late birthday!

Maybe I can cover my TAT with a better one that has a meaning. Maybe a bariatric tattoo guru has the answers!

Tat.jpg

It’s beautiful

Happy Birthday and Congrats!! Very pretty Ink!!

Absolutely beautiful tattoo! I am thinking I will Celebrate getting below 200 for the first time SINCE NINTH GRADE if/when I get there. I want to come up with an idea for something that has a lot of meaning for me, like you did!