Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My stomach is always sending me signals

My stomach sends me signals ALL day long. I don't know how to interpret them. I don't know if my stomach is empty and I should eat because I'm told I'll no longer receive hunger signals...so what am I feeling? After I eat a little, I still feel my stomach. I don't overeat. I don't know how to explain it. It's sending me signals and wants attention, but I don't know how to make it stop. Before the surgery, I only heard my stomach when I was hungry, and when I fed it I didn't feel it anymore. Now I feel it all the time. It's not in my head; it's physical. It's like a crying baby...I've fed it, burped it, changed it, rocked it, and it's still crying. I don't know what to do. I don't feel sick necessarily...just...off. I just want to feel normal.

I'm only three weeks out from my surgery. Did anyone else experience this? Does it go away or get better? I just want to NOT feel my stomach ALL the time.

Also, I burp A LOT. After every sip of Water, after everything I eat. Does this help shed light on my issues?

I'm feeling very lonely...like I'll never feel like a normal person again. Any thoughts on what I'm experiencing would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ness2045 said:

My stomach sends me signals ALL day long. I don't know how to interpret them. I don't know if my stomach is empty and I should eat because I'm told I'll no longer receive hunger signals...so what am I feeling? After I eat a little, I still feel my stomach. I don't overeat. I don't know how to explain it. It's sending me signals and wants attention, but I don't know how to make it stop. Before the surgery, I only heard my stomach when I was hungry, and when I fed it I didn't feel it anymore. Now I feel it all the time. It's not in my head; it's physical. It's like a crying baby...I've fed it, burped it, changed it, rocked it, and it's still crying. I don't know what to do. I don't feel sick necessarily...just...off. I just want to feel normal.

I'm only three weeks out from my surgery. Did anyone else experience this? Does it go away or get better? I just want to NOT feel my stomach ALL the time.

Also, I burp A LOT. After every sip of Water, after everything I eat. Does this help shed light on my issues?

I'm feeling very lonely...like I'll never feel like a normal person again. Any thoughts on what I'm experiencing would be most appreciated. Thanks.

The whole "no longer receive hunger signals"... doesn't happen for everyone, in fact I'd hazard to guess it doesn't happen to *MOST* people.

You are only 3 weeks out from surgery... you are still healing.

Lonely... you've got everyone here.
You'll feel normal again soon, it just takes some time... but it does happen.

Now, you've said you've started eating... what was your post-op diet like? Most sleeves are upwards of a month on liquids only, every doc is different, which is why I'm asking. But if you weren't cleared for foods and are eating, there might be other issues.

All that said, have you called your PCP, Surgeon or Surgical Team with this and asked them for their advice?

2 hours ago, Ness2045 said:

A lot of times this is actually GERD that you are hearing. I hate the saying "my stomach is growling" because over 50% of the time, you aren't actually hungry when it happens. It sounds like you have a lot of gas, which is common, and you might want to talk to your doctor about taking an proton pump inhibitors, which is a stomach acid reducer. My doctor recommends to take this medication for at least 6 months. You can get this OTC, or if your insurance pays for it, by prescription. I take Omeprazole, but other brands are Prilosec OTC or Prevacid. Ultimately, don't eat when you hear your stomach, otherwise, you will be eating all the time. My stomach is like having a naggy kid follow me around all day.

On 6/20/2018 at 1:12 PM, Ness2045 said:

I also have mixed stomach signals..I had my surgery in March, struggled with getting off the puree diet, I either feel super full right away but then an hour later my stomach hurts so bad like an actual hunger pain, then I'll eat a snack and the cycle starts all over again. I at times would rather not eat because it hurts, I am tolerating a lot more foods now but in serious moderation. No more cheese, or rice! those kill me! I'm glad summer is here because I have been living off watermelon, it actually feels the best on my stomach. I am being patient, Ive heard the first year isn't the best.

What's normal? We just had two- thirds or more of an organ cut out of our bodies. Our "normal" was and is the reason we are all here in this forum. Give your stomach and yourself time to adjust to the new and improved you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, AshAsh1 said:

My stomach is like having a naggy kid follow me around all day.

This made my morning. It's so true.

Only difference is instead of Mommy Mommy Mommy in a whining voice, it's Nenes Be new Hola Nenes I'm talking to YOU! Still makes you want to chew the inside of your lip to keep from screaming.😣

40 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Nenes Be new Hola Nenes

What is this supposed to say?