Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FATHER'S DAY MEMORIES 2018

Today is Father's,Day and l am sure we all have MEMORIES,of when we were small. As we hand them a card, a gift, hug them and smile. Or like me , you can cherish them in your heart for they are no longer alive, even though you can no longer see them you Still feel their influence in your daily life. What,thought is precious to each of you? Please share and before this day,is through
I promise to share mine.👶👦👴👸👩👨👶

My dad was an unusual quiet man. Brilliant and odd. Sort of an absent minded professor type. Always distracted by discovery and learning, always very deep in thought. Not much for small talk, but keenly observant. He noticed everything.

One way my dad and I connected, was a shared love of animals. He loved watching me train dogs, and he enjoyed all my little pets as a kid. I remember him making a special stop at a convenience store on the way home from work to pick up sunflower seeds, because he liked to feed my pet rats and enjoyed building mazes with me to run them through.

One father's day my grandma and I went on a top secret mission to buy him ducklings. Dad loved waterfowl and we lived on a creek when I was a child. He was delighted with his pet ducks. He was like Tony Soprano with ducks. They just made him happy. If there were deer or a crane in the creek, he'd watch absolutely enraptured.

He was a thoughtful, gentle, lovely man.

My microbiologist daughter often reminds me of her grandfather:) I wish he'd lived to see her collection of creatures and her research. She was his absolute favorite as a little one, and I'm sure that bond would have only grown as she did. He would have been extremely tickled to have seen how her life has played out this far.

Edited by Creekimp13

I was blessed with a very wonderful Maternal grandfather. Although in his day schooling stopped at 8th grade, he was a life long learner, he was determined,all,of his children would become high school graduates. Due to some sort of snafu one of,my uncle faied to receive credit for some classes and wasn't going,to graduate. My grandfather got the books in those subjects, he and uncle sat down after chores and by extensive tutoring,and prompting my uncle made up,those credits and graduated with his class. When my youngest uncle was,graduating , Grandpa and Grandma,of course were in the auditorium pleased as punch. Imagine his surprise when the school superintendent said "Hugh,Daniel Hubbell, please come to the stage." He then said " In recognition of your many hours of studious work at the end of many a long farmers day. We, the board of the Centerburg Schools would like to award you this diploma and declare you an official 1943 member of our graduating class.!" Technically it was,honorary but he worked as hard as many a child did. Making sure his boys and girls graduated. And the diploma looked,the same as. everyone elses. And he receiv- ed a standing ovation. He loved the changes of the seasons,was as smart or smarter than many meteorologists. I was pregnant,with my first child , I wish Grandpa could have,met my,babies. Especially my older son who I could see so much,of Grandpa in.
My own Daddy, he took me fishi,g and squirrel hunting, had a gun painted in pink camo many years before it became popular for me.
But the thing I remember most and it brings tears to,my eyes?
Sitting atop his shoulders at parades , oh I thought my Daddy was the biggest most wonderful,person at that time and I felt so loved. We didn't have a lot of entertainment in my town but we did put,on bang up parades, ice cream socials and fairs. And it meant more to me than the overpriced amusement and fun parks today! RIP Daddy👨 and Grandpa👴, today I miss you both!

I'm a bit late for this but I still want to share some great memories. I will never forget those times when my daddy was so hands-on when it comes to my studies. He would bring me to school every day, help me in every homework and project and attend school events. He loves to buy carrot cake for me after his office work. He would play with me every weekend. He loves to bring me to the office and introduce to his co-workers. He rarely gets mad at me and is super understanding. We're miles away from each other for now but I always think of him.

And Numbheart you don't live up to your pen name,for your 💓is still soft and gentle. You are a credit to your daddy and I'm sure he loves you so also.

And now may I ask, do yo7 have any 4th of July,or Dominion Day memories you would like to share?😃

On 6/20/2018 at 8:32 PM, Frustr8 said:

And Numbheart you don't live up to your pen name,for your 💓is still soft and gentle. You are a credit to your daddy and I'm sure he loves you so also.

Appreciate it. Thanks.