Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice from Nut modified pre-op diet. Questions and advice needed

I have a open wound that closed then re-opened, I am a type 1 diabetic and have dealt with this before. I have been to my doctor 3 times now and he has pulled me out of the pool again which I knew would happen. So I am walking and stationary biking. Walking is fine but I hate the bike .

I spoke with my Nut on Friday because I have only lost 4oz in the last 2 weeks. I have lost 50 lbs in the last 3.2 months. She told me until I was able to get back in the pool which at this point will not be for at lest 30 days I have been out 1 week so far. I should do the modified pre-op diet by eating 2 to 3 Protein Shakes and a healthy dinner and 1 healthy Protein veggie snack a day for 7 days then back to regular diet plan for 10 days and modified pre-op diet for 7 again and follow this until I am back at my 2 hr a day in the pool.

Have any of you tried this? Or something like this and how was it? I know I can do this I am just frustrated right now. If this wound won’t close I will have to go to the wound doctor and the last time it took 4 months to heal. I ended up in the hospital with a god awful infection that almost killed me.

My surgery is in October 2018.

Thank you all in advance.

I would just do what feels right to you. congrats on he 50 lbs loss that is great.

It sounds like she's just recommending alternating your caloric intake which can be a good way to loosen up some extra weight - when I was calorie counting I often found that having a "cheat day," which was basically a day when I ate up to my maintenance # of calories (say, 2600 or so), I would lose more weight than sticking to 1500 calories for weeks on end. (Some people do the opposite for the same effect, by fasting for one day per week.) So if the regular diet plan is 1500 or so calories, the pre-op diet plan will likely be between 700-1000 calories. I don't think there's anything weird or unsafe about doing this. Go for it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches