Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't give in to self sabotaging yourself...YOU are worthy and beautiful and deserve this surgery! Take all the steps seriously this is your life...no one can make you lose weight once you have surgery after a year...it all changes temptation and sweets and those foods are always going to be around to tempt you...Figure out why you are wanting to hold onto that horrible self and start fresh and let go, pray, take walks , get yourself a friend who can support you through this....you are not alone in a dark corner we are all here for you!!!

I noticed that your surgery date was for June 12, 2018. The last comment on this topic was on June 8th. Did you go ahead with the surgery?

13 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

I noticed that your surgery date was for June 12, 2018. The last comment on this topic was on June 8th. Did you go ahead with the surgery?

The surgery was originally scheduled for 13th. Then I called and told the surgeon office everything that happened with me cheating.

He rescheduled to the 20th. Yes that surgery happened. Everything has been going as expected.

I’m happy to say no head hunger or cravings yet. I’m not ever hungry or over full. I’m sitting currently in a happy medium.

———-

now as I go back and read some of the comments on this old thread. I’m surprised at some of the things people said.

For example “a self binger who can’t control yourself “. That one surprised me the most. I have never been a binge eater, I’m fat because I eat to much and don’t move enough and for a host of other reasons. At no point do I go binge on massive amounts of food. Yes my portions were big arnt yours before the surgery? The pre op diet is brutal trying to do it on a normal size stomach and with all the head hunger and real hunger going on.

So the fact I cheated was not surprising. The fact I had a hard couple days getting back on track not surprisingly. But I did get back on track I did end up losing 28lbs before surgery day.

And I did make it to the other side and surprise I’m still doing good on my post op diet. I’m sticking to it like glue.

So just because people have a hard awful time on the full liquid diet don’t mean they can’t do good post op or make it.

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are progressing nicely. Keep up the good work! Congrats!

Congrats @Oceanlove . You did great and good for you!!! Congrats on getting through the pre op, on having surgery and doing well on your post op diet. I'm on my 4th day on pre op and i'm allowed one meal so although it's hard I can't imagine all liquid. Best of luck on your recovery and weight loss!!!! Also don't worry about what rude people say here or anywhere on the net. It's easy to be an A-Hole when you are anonymous.

I can relate to this. I messed up on my liquid diet as well but I spoke with my surgeon and we decided it was best to extended the surgery. Throughout this whole process I learned that in order to succeed you do need help. I was an emotional eater and now I speak with a therapist about things. This has helped me so much. I highly recommend it to anyone going through this process.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:58 AM, Oceanlove said:

Okay so here is the entire story here. I have posted in bits and pieces in replies to others.

So I started my pre diet liquid only mind you. At three weeks prior to my June 13th surgery date.

I have NASH or severe fatty liver or whatever they are calling it now a days

5/24th I started it. I did really good I was doing my Liquid Protein and broth, sf Jello and popsicles and a cup of yogurt.

Then on the 30th and 31st I fell off it because I had found out I couldn’t have broth nor yogurt. The surgeons office said the sodium in broth would not release the fat around the liver. And the yogurt was too much milk products since I’m using premier shakes.

So that sat me back and it was a lot to lose I tried it and was so hungry I gave in and had a blue cheese burger at a restaurant on the 30th. Then my coworkers brought in my favorite pizza they thought it had not started yet so I had like 4 slices and doughnuts(2) a couple hours later.

On June 1st I started again this time no broth or yogurt and it’s much harder. I made it through Friday, Saturday and Sunday then failed as the following this week starting on Monday

Monday- 2 fried burgers with tons of cheese and on bread.

Tuesday- large movie popcorn and butter

Wednesday- small cheeseburger and beef with veggies

Thursday- beef with veggies and chicken with veggies and cheese

My dear hubby is freaking out about it and has me worried that I’m going to get to surgery and they will cancel it or open me up and cancel it.

I started it at the weight of 311 or 314 and I’m now at 291 so I have lost some weight.

So im just curious if I can follow the all liquid till surgery if I stand a chance of it happening any thoughts? Has anyone ever failed this badly this close and made it?

or has anyone had surgery they went in and closed without doing it? Because they cheated.

I know I did it to myself and well I own that fully. I couldn’t control my actions I will have to work on that a lot.

But I’m torn as to if I should just call the surgeon office and tell them to cancel it because my liver is most likely not shrunken enough. If I do that I know he’s heading out a week after the 13th for three weeks and my insurance only approved the surgery window up till July 3rd

or just be strict till the 13th and hope all is well. As well as doing a murelax bowel cleanse the day before.

Oh how I wish I could have been stronger and not cheated

I had no preop diet at all. My Surgen is a top surgen who has been doing it 27 years. He said one is not needed.

Don't we all seem to mess up on the pre op diet at least twice 🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Oceanlove! Hang in there!

If you can’t follow the strict liquid diet, at least get into Ketosis with a strict Keto diet. It will shrink your liver and help you drop weight. Stop all carbs right now!

Just read your update Oceanlove!! So proud of you! You didn’t it and seem in a really good spot!

Don't give in * Don't Give up* Give yourself the love you need* Stand tell and proud* And keep moving on! ,, With love Frustr8

Ty all for the support. Post op is my life now. One day at a time.