Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't even feel like I have a band!!!!

Hello I had the lap band done on 11-8-07 I could eat what ever I wanted and still can even after my first fill. I can understand what you are say good luck and have a Happy New Year

Hi Poohmamma, I have had three fills so far and I am hoping that the next one hits the sweet spot. Good luck to you also and have a thin new year

IMHO the band only does 25% of the work (restrictions) but the other 75% of the weight loss is up to you. You have to make healthy food choices and add exercise to your lifestyle..

The band is only a tool - that piece of plastice does not make you lose weight - it is not the magic cure to your food issues - they banded your tummy not your head - and the real problems lie in your head not your tummy.

Indio-spoken like a true professional-That makes so much sense and I am so glad you wrote that. I think everyone who is banded or about to be should remind themselves of this often. Thanks

IMHO the band only does 25% of the work (restrictions) but the other 75% of the weight loss is up to you. You have to make healthy food choices and add exercise to your lifestyle..

The band is only a tool - that piece of plastice does not make you lose weight - it is not the magic cure to your food issues - they banded your tummy not your head - and the real problems lie in your head not your tummy.

Indio-spoken like a true professional-That makes so much sense and I am so glad you wrote that. I think everyone who is banded or about to be should remind themselves of this often. Thanks

Thanks Tina - Aren't we all professional dieters - but ever since i have joined this site - my over 50 gang keep pushing those words "it's only a tool" so the more I read is how I came up with that analogy... I think it's pretty good if i do say so myself - the work is up to US the band is only the tool to help not do it for us....

Thanks Tina - Aren't we all professional dieters - but ever since i have joined this site - my over 50 gang keep pushing those words "it's only a tool" so the more I read is how I came up with that analogy... I think it's pretty good if i do say so myself - the work is up to US the band is only the tool to help not do it for us....

IndioGirl, You make alot of sense and put me into reality. I have not been banded yet but I had this idea in my head that this will fix everything. Now I must make myself understand that this is "just a tool" to help me with my weight issues. I still have to eat right and exercise. Thanks for the straight talk!

i have the exact same feeling sometimes. but do not get discouraged. I had a mini break down a few months ago b/c of the same thing. But I realized something. I'm now used to banded life. I'm now accustomed to smaller portions, so I take less, and when I clean my plate I freak out, but realize I only took a little to begin with. Also I crave healthier foods. And trust me just when you think you can eat anything, and you think the band isn't there. It will remind you!!!!!!!!! breathe, make good choices and get a fill!!!!!

IndioGirl, You make alot of sense and put me into reality. I have not been banded yet but I had this idea in my head that this will fix everything. Now I must make myself understand that this is "just a tool" to help me with my weight issues. I still have to eat right and exercise. Thanks for the straight talk!

Kara

You aren't the only one who has felt this way !!!! That's why I stress it so much to the newbies - I am great at giving tough band love (operative word love) I am a fat person too and I KNOW all the excuses we give why we can't do things.. I was the queen of excuses - no longer. You can do anything that you put your mind too....

Good Luck on your journey - I really find that the band is my interior motivation.... Lifetime Lifestyle changes are also needed.

Well I gotta get back to work...

Janet

hi, i go in for my 5th fill tomorrow. i have been eating off the chain, but turn around and go exercise. i read that one of the bandsters had to go 8 times before she had gotten that restriction. remember that you r no same person as another bandster and that fills, weight loss will be different. hang in there!!

Hi,

I know just how you feel, don't worry..you are normal. I wrote a long, dramatic email to the nutritionist at the clinic where I had my surgery, lamenting the fact that this didn't seem to be working for me and she said "EVERY lap band patient says the EXACT same thing!" So don't stress. It will get easier. You need to get those fills.

i was singing the same tune a couple of days ago. i got my second fill yesterday (yes i know i'm still swollen), and now i can feel every single drop that passes my lips.....i love it..and i'm not hungry. i know this will go down in the next couple of days, but i also know that this is how it is supposed to be.

be patient..it will happen

i haven't lost anything yet, actually gained, but i'm still optimistic, and this last fill made me more so.

Don't give up. I felt the same way until my first fill. The hunger went away after the first fill. I just had my second fill this week and I can really tell a difference. I was having no problem eating my 60 gr. of protein/1200 cal. before. I'm thinking it may be more of a challenge now. I'm full after a couple of bites. Good luck.

Linda

i did want to add, that this is my doctor philosphy..not mine, but he says that even the most disobedient patient will still lose 50% of their weight if they do not drink with meals, do not drink liquid calories, and keep their fills up.

The other 50% is what we have to work for by eating healthy and exercising.

hi everybody,

It's me, the who swore she didn't even have a band. Now I said that granted I hadn't had a fill yet, I had no idea how naieve those words were back then. Since then I have had one fill and what a difference this has made. I am extremley aware that I have a band. Things are much better (2 months later)

I go to the doc next week for hopefully another fill. The best news is that I have lost 28lbs so far in this journey. Even though in my opinion this is slower than some people, I am very happy with this progress. My BF has recently turned the garage into a workout room so I looking forward to getting my butt in gear. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me when I was feeling soooo low. God Bless all of you.

:confused:

Hey I felt the same way I kept thinking I'm not feeling anything, whats wrong here. I just stuck to my diet for the best part. Then I went for my 1st fill,......Didnt feel anything...then about 2 weeks after my fill I felt it, I ate A