Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three years out, on testosterone pellets, HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!

Hello all,

It has been awhile since I posted. I have searched and searched and found no answers to my question so I figured I would just ask. I'm three years out from my sleeve surgery. I was doing pretty well (lowest weight 164, maintained around 174-178 with diet and exercise). I'm hypothyroid (have been since I was 18) and had a partial hysterectomy a year before sleeve surgery. I decided to try biote (just testosterone) as well as desiccated thyroid. Well, I have been on the biote pellets for a month and I went from three years of really no hunger to being famished all the time. I have gained 5 pounds in a month. I am eating Protein, low carbs etc. etc. but I can't go two hours without getting hungry again and therefore, I'm eating more total calories. Life got really busy with grad school, work and taking three kids to various practices after school but that is over and I'm about to get back into exercising hoping this will help as I do feel REALLY good on the biote (no more joint pain, focused, energy and libido).

Has anyone else had this experience on hormone pellets? They are suppose to help you lose weight but I'm not seeing it.

Medications do throw a curve into the post sleeve process. HRT does not cause weight gain according to NIH studies but Hypothyroid does so i would start there with a doctor visit and blood test to insure your med levels are correct.

after meds the most normal cause of the 2 hr hunger monster is simply sugar spikes caused by sugar or simple carbs like bread.

Fat is the Macro that provides satiety (feel full) so make sure you have a healthy fat in your first meal of the day and low carbs.

I did switch from synthroid to naturthroid so maybe that needs to titrate. I have done the Paleo and Keto thing and even when I fell off carb wagon, I haven't felt hunger like this. It is if I never had the surgery because I can eat a lot more too (I know about slider foods etc. etc.) I saying I could eat half a plate of food, now I can eat a whole plate almost over night. It is a bit scary.

see the doc for a complete blood panel and see if anything jumps out at you.