Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I feed my spouse?

Well I told my husband that once I can eat "real" food him and the kids will be eating what I eat, I'm not cooking different meals, it's just not happening. I don't really see that being a bad thing, if I'm eating healthier, they should too :heh:. As far as different meal times go, we already deal with that because my hubby works until midnight, he still eats what I cook for the kids and me that night, he just heats it up, thank god for microwaves...lol.

Hopefully he can feed himself! But seriously this is something you have done for yourself and your attention at this time needs to be on yourself. Right before my surgery my husbend and I went to the grocery store and he picked out frozen dinners. He does not particuarly like them but he knows I will not want to be cooking meals for him that I cannot eat myself. He does not have a weight problem so he also has Snacks to keep him happy.

i cook for me and my husband fends for himself.

sometimes i cook for the both of us but those moments are few.

its easy since its just us 2.

I am concerned about this too! My husband loses weight everytime I diet and now.. this is a long term situation to deal with- he may waste away to nothing!

His typical dinner now is hungry man dinners or cereal....

I also told him that once I can have a more variety of food I would begion crock potting some things and start from there.

Whisper

The day after my surgery I cooked my husband dinner. I guess it's because I enjoy doing for him. He is so hard working and supportive of me, that I want to show him how much I love him.

Of course, the kicker is that he eats what I CAN eat. He hates it and he complains, but I do the grocery shopping so......you know the rest. The only thing he won't change is the milk.

Hubby and I have started grocery shopping every few weeks and he picks out what he wants: a two-pack of pork chops, hamburgers, tv dinners, tater tots, and then he cooks for himself every day! (Ooops, forgot to say, I work and he's disabled).

He is so kind about not eating around me (especially this last week with Halloween and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!), even though it doesn't bother me anymore, because I'm not hungry!!!

YAY! :clap2:

I cook every evening for the family. This includes husband, 2 children, father-in-law and uncle. Yes, we have a very full house. I cook for them and then I pick and choose from that what I'm going to eat. Sometimes it's the same and I just put it in the processor or sometimes it may be something totally different. All depends on what it is and where I am in my eating.

Thank you for starting this thread! This is something that I often worry about. I have to attend a support group meeting this Monday, and if I muster up enough nerve, I will ask for suggestions and post them.

Cooking for me and my hubby has defnitely proved to be a challenge. But it has worked out. I cook about 3 x a week. I cook healthy things like a stir fry (keep the vegetables crisp so it reheats well) and other chicken/vegetable dishes that reheat well.

We eat it the first night and the 2nd night we reheat it. My hubby has actually lost some weight even though he only has 5lbs to lose ;)

well - hopefully he'll be able to fend for himself - honestly I don't know how some guys go through life without knowing how to do things for themselves (i.e. cooking, laundry)- as for me, the wife and I usually prepare our dinner together, throw a couple of peices of salmon on the Geo. Foreman grill and make a salad to go with - something simple after work - good opportunity for you both to eat healthier

Try the Bertolli frozen dinners. They come in a bag and literally take ten minutes and they're quite yummy! They're a little more expensive than other frozen dinners but they're worth it!

I am still on the "liquid" stage, but I don't mind fixing hubby's dinner. I want to make sure he is eating healthy so I fix it for him, otherwise he would just eat junk. I actually enjoy doing it. At least I can have "something" to do with food lol

Honestly the only time I found it challenging was when I was on liquids and mushies. Now I make similar things to what we used to eat, and I just eat a lot less. The only thing that I have changed is I substitute ground turkey for ground beef in a lot of dishes and it tastes great. All I do is add some steak seasoning to it and we can't tell the difference.

And mrdowntown is right. If hubby doesn't like what your cooking, he should be able to at least microwave something.....

I've found the same thing. When I was on Atkins a few years ago... my entire family lost weight. :confused:

But now, I don't expect my kids to eat what I eat. I always prepare 1 item that I can eat with their meals.... sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, etc.

I just eat that one item and they enjoy everything else. I've saved a ton of money at the grocery store!