Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet - Are you having a hard time getting all of your liquids, protein, etc.?

I am four weeks post op. I am having a really hard time getting all of my liquid and Protein in. I am not hungry so I don't think about it. I am trying to get on a schedule so that I can do better. Any suggestions?

I am 4 weeks out also. I was not making meeting my Fluid intake. I started setting alarms on my phone to remind me to drink Water and meals. It's getting easier now. Good luck!

I'm also 4 weeks out. Have struggled to get my Proteins in. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. I have had no appetite. I eat because I have to or it's "time". Although today I've been struggling with a bit of "head hunger".

The dreaded 3 week stall hit me this week and instead of stalling, I've gained 2 pounds. For someone who is lucky to get 700 calories in per day without resorting to high carb foods, this setback is VERY troubling. Has me wondering if I have gone through this whole thing for nothing. I keep thinking, "If I'm going to gain at least let me enjoy getting there". Hence the "head hunger".

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, domi said:

I am 4 weeks out also. I was not making meeting my Fluid intake. I started setting alarms on my phone to remind me to drink Water and meals. It's getting easier now. Good luck!

I may have to try that. Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, S@ssen@ch said:

I'm also 4 weeks out. Have struggled to get my Proteins in. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. I have had no appetite. I eat because I have to or it's "time". Although today I've been struggling with a bit of "head hunger".

The dreaded 3 week stall hit me this week and instead of stalling, I've gained 2 pounds. For someone who is lucky to get 700 calories in per day without resorting to high carb foods, this setback is VERY troubling. Has me wondering if I have gone through this whole thing for nothing. I keep thinking, "If I'm going to gain at least let me enjoy getting there". Hence the "head hunger".

I actually gained weight last week too. Don't get discouraged! I am not! (at least not yet lol)

Pay attention to your bowel movements. Sometimes weight gain is just because you haven't emptied in a few days.

Bowel movements are few and far between for me. (which is totally different than before surgery) I had to break down and take Milk of Magnesia Sunday. I did not have any progress so I took some more Monday. I thought I was going to die when I did go. Sorry for the TMI!!

So I am on Benefiber, Colace, Miralax and Milk of Magnesia. :(

I was having the same trouble, actually for the first 4-5 weeks. I came back to work and things were much easier. I always have a bottle or cup of Water nearby and I pretty much only eat Protein rich foods now. If I am struggling I may eat a Protein Bar, not exclusively though. Sometimes I just have to force myself to eat because I'm oftentimes not hungry but just try to get on a good schedule and you'll be good

I had and still have (did to constant nausea) big trouble getting all my Water an Protein in. Protein has been better lately. I've found if I put my liquids in a paper to-go coffee type cup, I'm having an easier time with water and I've been flavoring it. If I don't see that HUGE amount left to go it makes me feel better for some silly reason. But being so sick, the nausea meds make me tired and I sleep through time I could be drinking!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Krestel

Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Billy Bob  »  lvidacovich

Drink Muscle Milk. lol  Gt 60 to 90 gm quality Protein & daily vitimins, good sleep, walking & resistant ( weight /bands/squats ) You absolutely build muscle. 
      · 0 replies
    • SabrinaGoddess

I received my nutrition book and checklist today! I am so very excited (and a tad bit scared too) Each day this is becoming a reality!
      I created a new blog post about how BRAVE we all are for doing this. Because I think we are! Most of us know the horrors of people calling us nasty names, saying we can't control ourselves, we are easy targets for people's verbal attacks! But I feel we are BRAVE because we are taking control over our lives and creating a new world of happiness.

· 0 replies
    • SabrinaGoddess

Today I scheduled my mental evaluation and my nutritionist appointments. Yes, we are moving along quiet nice.  December 9th will be here before you know it.
      I have informed my inner circle of family about the surgery and I will be keeping it in my CORE!

· 0 replies
    • drac2you

Well, it has been a while since I posted here, but my journey continues. As for breaking my stall, I was able to get down to 214 with the help of a friend via our Fitbit fitness trackers which has made me ecstatic! Since that has happened I was fortunate enough to have my insurance company approve a panniculectomy to remove the panniculus (THIS is the correct term, NOT pannus, see this reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/panniculus) that has been deviling me for years, even before I had bariatric surgery. It was to the point that it was hanging down far enough to cover my pubic area, covered half my thighs when I would sit, and also drooped between my legs which I could hardly manage to keep together when sitting. For any males that may read this, for a woman that is pretty uncivilized, not to mention, unladylike especially when wearing a dress or skirt - just looks slovenly to say the least. Despite the numerous skin issues I had the last couple of years, my health insurance insisted the procedure was cosmetic... 🤐 . I would guess no one that is saying so has been in the bariatric patient's shoes. The damn thing was just getting to be a self-esteem killer in addition to a medical nuisance requiring many visits to my primary care physician, and interfering with my mobility. Now, I realize there are folks with more egregious panniculus sag issues, but the fact that it interferes with mobility is an important consideration.
      One thing I have to say is that this surgery is drastically different from any other I've had. Things occur that are deemed routine, expected even, after a panniculectomy that would be downright unacceptable after any other procedure. This plastic surgery experience is definitely a learning experience that is still unfolding as I key this entry. For one thing, the swelling is a story all it's own, I had no clue my abdomen could get so large, so quickly, without causing my skin to just split open - it's crazy! So far, I'm pleased to have been able to get this procedure despite may be perceived as drawbacks, just to get the pendulous adipose tissue demon off of my person. Here are a few links to information about this procedure for anyone considering it in the future:
      https://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide.com/panniculectomy/ https://www.healthline.com/health/panniculectomy https://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/tummy-tuck/panniculectomy/ https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/panniculectomy/safety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK499822/ I hope you find this information helpful. I will provide updates periodically on my progress of this surgical recovery. Have a wonderful day! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Panda333

Thank you and good luck to you!

2. SabrinaGoddess

WOW, thank you for sharing all this with us!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs