Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre surgery jitters O.o

I have a week to go and I want to stay in a strong place here but I am so nervous its a huge change coming up and im ball of nerves.

Any other ladies feeling jittery?

We've all been there. Breathe and relax... you'll do just fine.

HW: 256
SW: 238(4/25/18)
CW: 230
GW: 165

I am two days into the liquid diet its not so bad other than the constant trips to relieve myself. I find that gets on my nerves more than not eating. i cheated a little bit and ate Soup for lunch and Breakfast the week before though I think that is making the process easier because I didn't go from normal meals to nothing suddenly.

I am still worried about the procedure but I have an awesome partner and I really want this so im just choosing to think that everything is going to go nicely.

@lorax(inTexas,no less! Many good buds from there) ❤your pen-name and ❤ your posting. So many jitters around here you would think we all are sitting on Jello cushions! Seems to be part,of the immediately,pre surgical waiting room we all are in. Smooths out fairly quickly after surgery, usual progression is from
OMG what Did I Just Do? to Whoee I can do This After,All! I am looking forward to both stages, all a part of my Bariatric Growth😝👍😝

Trust in your skilled surgical team. They know what they are doing, you just need to go in and have a nap while they do their thing. I was so set on my decision being the right one that I was pretty calm the whole way. Before taking me in for surgery they also gave me some relaxants (I think it was something like valium) along with a shot of morphine and anti nausea meds, so ask for a calmative if you're still feeling really nervous immediately before op.

You can do this! And don't panic of you have a few periods of "what the hell did I do to myself??" In the few days post op while you are recovering. I had that thought once or twice, and plenty of people have a few good cries too. It doesn't mean you made a mistake. Each day post op gets you stronger and more ready to work on the new healthier you.

*Hugz*

Edited by Taoz

Thank you guys very much , I have two days left ,the sick feeling from the drop in calories has faded since I started taking the b Vitamins, I missed a small detail in ordering them before the liquid diet and was feeling very bad until I was able to start taking them. I am feeling healthy again and super nervous but excited for real progress after years of the diet / exercise treadmill I felt like I was trapped on.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:11 PM, Frustr8 said:

@lorax(inTexas,no less! Many good buds from there) ❤your pen-name and ❤ your posting. So many jitters around here you would think we all are sitting on Jello cushions! Seems to be part,of the immediately,pre surgical waiting room we all are in. Smooths out fairly quickly after surgery, usual progression is from
OMG what Did I Just Do? to Whoee I can do This After,All! I am looking forward to both stages, all a part of my Bariatric Growth😝👍😝

he-he thanks the Lorax is my spirit animal I may as well be named Cassandra.

It's going to be fine, everybody feels nervous before, take a deep breath and it'll be over before you know it! Hugs! 🤓

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Perhaps more of us should be named Perdita , we are lost in the quagmire of life.😌