Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can someone tell me (thin = bad rant)

Chickie, I think you look gorgeous I dont know why you take offense when I havent heard anyone say that you are too thin, having seen your piccies I think you look just right!

Mary-Jane Olsen on the other hand has been admitted into rehab/hospital for treatment of anorexia, as has Nicole Ritchie,it has been estimated that both of them dipped under the 6 stone mark which is unhealthy for a grown woman. I haven't a clue who Star Jones is so I couldnt comment.

On the other hand look at Kylie Minogue she is a tiny wee thing, I think she looks fantastic, I think it is more about appearance than weight in most cases.

Chickie you look like you have got all your curves in the right places to me, I am sure that noone is refering to you when they talk about people being too thin, you should have faith in yourself, you worked your ass off to get where you are and you are in your BMI range and looking good and you know it :D

Nina x

Women just can't win on issues of weight. I couldn't believe it when Tyra Banks was being called porky. She is 5'11'' and weighs about 160. I thought she looked fabulous. Same with Britney Spears, she got crucified for being fat wearing that black two piece thingy. While I don't think that get-up was the most flattering thing, she hardly looked fat.

Chickie, I saw your pics and thought that you looked great. What I am confused about is why you are letting people pay rent in your head? Christie Brinkley looks great. The Olsen was anorexic and doesn't. If you look like a starving child ina third world nation, then you are sickly looking. If you're one of those people that can't gain weight, it's a different story. The people that are called sickly are purposely being unhealthy. You can't please everyone. Please yourself.

Chickie,

I don't know you, but do YOU have issues with your thinness? I've seen a dozen posts about YOU and how thin you are in the last few days.

I think "disgusting" is a strong word for either too thin or too heavy. Not healthy would be more appropriate. Not saying this about YOU...not sure how thin or healthy/unhealthy you are.

Chickie,

I don't know you, but do YOU have issues with your thinness? I've seen a dozen posts about YOU and how thin you are in the last few days.

I think "disgusting" is a strong word for either too thin or too heavy. Not healthy would be more appropriate. Not saying this about YOU...not sure how thin or healthy/unhealthy you are.

Nope, I don't have any issues. But the cowardly assholes who leave messages on my blog about me being an anorexic whore, nasty ugly bitch, skinny bitch, and a show off sure do.

I like being thin. Beats the shit out of being morbidly obese. How 'bout YOU?

Nope, I don't have any issues. But the cowardly assholes who leave messages on my blog about me being an anorexic whore, nasty ugly bitch, skinny bitch, and a show off sure do.

I don't know...I'll let you know when I get there!

Bring back your photos, Chickie! They really are inspirations to most of us, and the people that don't think so can kiss your ass! :cry

If these are people who don't know you, could they just be jealous? I would wear these monikers as a badge of honor. You've earned it, right?

Hi Chickie... I have seen this anti-thin attitude in my own family. I was a skinny kid who fattened up in adulthood, and the "scrawny toothpick" comments were just as painful as the "fatso" comments have been. My sisters, fat their whole lives, ostracized me until I became fat too, and they have always been incredibly hostile to my daughter, who is just naturally thin. Not anorexic, not unhealthy, just thin. It reminds me of the behavior of oppressed people who grow to hate not only their oppressors but anyone who hasn't been or isn't still being oppressed. Does that make any sense? (I left a friendly comment on your blog.)

I agree! Bring back your pictures! I think you look great. Don't pay attention to anyone who tells you otherwise.

I have a friend that is too thin. Her bones stick out all over the place. You look at her and wonder if she is ill. She says she has no appetite. You don't look anything like her. You look like how I wish I look.

I don't think it has anything to do with the way you look, I think it's just hateful people wanting to strike out and be nasty. Can you turn off the comments feature of your blog? That might be the best thing for you right now, because it really seems to be getting to you. It makes me really sad that you've removed your pictures from your post; I enjoy looking at them and being inspired by what you've achieved for yourself.

The celebrities you bring up are thin, and the photographs the magazines publish tend to be the ones that make them look extremely thin. I do think that a few of them have been treated for ED's. They probably also indulge in some other unhealthy behaviors, if you know what I mean. Just because you are the same height and weight doesn't mean you don't look a lot healthier than they do. ;) You look healthy and beautiful and strong. I hope you feel that way, and I hope you don't let a few nasty little insects masquerading as humans make you feel less than that!

(I know I'm a total newbie, and don't know you, and I hope I didn't overdo it, but it pisses me off that you have worked so hard for your body and still feel judged about it!)

Now here is one that is funny. I still weigh 198 and yet someone at work just said to me " Now Donna , You be careful not to get to skinny." Ha Ha fat chance. I would love some one to call me skinny and really mean it!! lol Donna

Ah jeez....

looking at your last blog entry, all I can say is that you really need to quit internalizing these forum posts. A generic comment on body types doesn't necessarily reflect directly upon you.

If you're happy with yourself, what does it matter if some random people don't agree with you -- especially if they're living quite literally halfway around the world? Screw 'em. Take a look in the mirror, have the last laugh and go enjoy your life.

i am mortified some one would send that to you or anybody for that manner,how rude and pathetic on there part,its no wonder you have been finding it hard lately,the only bit i will agree on is the skinny comment in a positive light,it must be nice to be slimmer,i would be thrilled if it was me[they must be very envious of you to go to so much trouble trying to hurt and put you down ,and no dout they have probably done it to other people.:think

First of all - being the same height and weight as someone doesn't mean you necessarily look anything like them.

I have no idea what you look like. Doesn't matter to me. If I think you're skinny, it doesn't make your life any different. If I think you're fat, it doesn't matter. If I think you're too short/tall/pale/tan... you get the idea. I think the Olsen twins look unhealthy.

"Fat" and "skinny" are only insults if that's how they're meant to be. When I say that I am fat, I am not insulting myself, I am describing one of my physical characteristics, just as if I said "tall" or "redhead." Same with "skinny." They're just adjectives.