Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Again, Long Time No See...

Hello Everyone,

It has been a very long time since I have been to this forum and I wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. I also wanted to catch up with my crazy life. Anyway I have been offline in the bariatric world just living my life. After a while things just start settling down and years go by... times change... faces get older and brains get used to life in the "new normal".

I don't know if an of you will know my story so to make it short I have been through THREE WLS's. Yes, I said three... a lapband, a Gastric Sleeve and finally I resolved to be a RnY Bypasser. Ha! No regrets.. well maybe a few.. I'm human after all. ANYWAY!! I need to reconnect because I have NOT been working out much at all. Just the very minimum and even these past few weeks I have done nothing. No bueno! So, as I was lying in bed just now something just zapped me the hell out of it and I decided I needed to get UP!! Sheesh... So, here I am! Ready to get back to my serious workout and being kind to my body. My muscles are crying to come back out and play.

I'm here to chat anytime. I probably have the most experience of anyone you'll ever meet as far as weight loss, gains, all surgery types, workouts, eating plans... anything. But I also need some accountability too. I'm older now and I see it. I see that I can't do this alone. I need my bariatric friends for guidance and a KICK IN THE BUTT!

A shout out to anyone who remembers me. Check in and say hi! I really miss you guys. Much love and all peace.

Irene and my most recent selfie. I'm on Facebook and IG too. FB: Irene Janel Avila and IG: Pookies_Mama5adbff79055ed_MyProfilePicture.thumb.jpg.0f74a996550f9abc7a9b8c6046357b55.jpg

12 hours ago, LilMissDiva Irene said:

A shout out to anyone who remembers me. lapband, a Gastric Sleeve, RnY Bypasser. need my bariatric friends for guidance and a KICK IN THE BUTT!

@LilMissDiva Irene

holy moly!!

what a way to start the day - seeing you and your smiley face.:rolleyes: it's been

6+ years since i was sleeved. not to many of us oldies but goodies around.

i remember you helping me and soooo many newbies et. al. you were very

inspiring and helpful, and we all loved you:778_heartbeat:
glad you are back looking for a little accountability,help. we all

struggle at times - glad you are back to your roots (btw, did you know that @Alex Brecher had a revision to RnY )very recently)

I was at GOAL for a long time - scale has been moving the wrong way past few months!! , gradually am up 11 lbs!!! (confession is good for the sole)

lets meet for drinks, i'm buying. Water of course!!! - see you around the

neighborhood

WELCOME BACK

kathy

Greetings
I was just perusing and came across your original posts from your insanity days!! So glad you reached out because I’m in need of an accountability partner. You game to support & challenge one another getting back to Shaun T craze days?

13 hours ago, LilMissDiva Irene said:

Hello Everyone,

It has been a very long time since I have been to this forum and I wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. I also wanted to catch up with my crazy life. Anyway I have been offline in the bariatric world just living my life. After a while things just start settling down and years go by... times change... faces get older and brains get used to life in the "new normal".

I don't know if an of you will know my story so to make it short I have been through THREE WLS's. Yes, I said three... a lapband, a Gastric Sleeve and finally I resolved to be a RnY Bypasser. Ha! No regrets.. well maybe a few.. I'm human after all. ANYWAY!! I need to reconnect because I have NOT been working out much at all. Just the very minimum and even these past few weeks I have done nothing. No bueno! So, as I was lying in bed just now something just zapped me the hell out of it and I decided I needed to get UP!! Sheesh... So, here I am! Ready to get back to my serious workout and being kind to my body. My muscles are crying to come back out and play.

I'm here to chat anytime. I probably have the most experience of anyone you'll ever meet as far as weight loss, gains, all surgery types, workouts, eating plans... anything. But I also need some accountability too. I'm older now and I see it. I see that I can't do this alone. I need my bariatric friends for guidance and a KICK IN THE BUTT!

A shout out to anyone who remembers me. Check in and say hi! I really miss you guys. Much love and all peace.

Irene and my most recent selfie. I'm on Facebook and IG too. FB: Irene Janel Avila and IG: Pookies_Mama5adbff79055ed_MyProfilePicture.thumb.jpg.0f74a996550f9abc7a9b8c6046357b55.jpg

Can I ask if you revised from sleeve to bypass because of acid reflux? If so, did it resolve?

@LilMissDivaIrene, hi! I didn't know you in the Bad Old Days, but ProudGrammy did. if she's said you're a good one, I may have made myself a new friend. Kathy's been a good buddy, keeping me from going bonkers while I wait and struggle to get to surgery day. You have had 3 surgeries?, Well this will,be my third(and I hope final) attempt to convince a surgeon my proper place is on his operating table. I have somewhat jokingly said I would do my own RnY. I already own a box cutter, fishing line, hair clips and a Swingline stapeler, that pretty much covers things except for the 3-way mirror on top of my dressing table. I don't have any drinking alcohol let alone any other anesthesia but maybe I could hold my breath,until I pass out? I'm 72, time is running out for me, I don't have time for somone to dither around or go play darts somewhere.
So I sit here in Central Ohio,with a smile pasted on my face,waiting to see what happens next in my life. I have an important(to me) appointment April 25 with Staff Psychologist Dr Kramer at Martha Morehouse Pavilion in Columbus Ohio and hopefully he will clear me for Bariatric Surgery at OSU-Wexner Medical,Center. Kathy says I should stop saying hopeful, she bellieves in me. I ten to think in a defeatist frame of mind and she says that will get me nowhere. So like Don Quixote ,I go forward to tilt with my own windmills.. Answer back,of you feel like it, okay?😭

I had a I had a Lap band removal and vsg conversion in June 2014. I started at 252 as my highest weight and 237 as my surgery weighty. My lowest weight was 201. I followed the diet faithfully for almost 2 years and kept the weight off give or take a couple of pounds.. I found that's spinning was my favorite exercise and still is. I was active on and off the 4 years because of complication so with my knee and then plantar fascititis. The last year has been hard cause I my plantar fasciitis and lower back pain. ( which restarted since I've put on weight again) has been really bothering me... so new activities that I love like 5k and 8k runs... well their increasingly difficult to complete.

I now weigh 248. Which is above my surgery weight. My GERD isa real problem... I still drink my Proteins shakes... take my vitamins.. I eat most things but not in excess because of my sleeve...my weight gain has been a plateau for about for almost 2 years now.. I have not gained and only loose 5lbs here Andy there's and regain it back.

I guess give the fact that I really didn't lose as much weight as I expected to with the vsg and gaining all that weight back, has me thinking that the malabsorption piece of weight loss surgery is the tool that would help me final loose weight and be healthier.

This extra weight gain is causing me physical pain now and I wann do something about it.

So happy to see your name in my mentions! Glad to see an update from you -- I don't check in much here any longer, although I recently converted from sleeve to bypass. It was a good decision, but wow is the weight loss completely different than the first time around (at least for me it is)! I haven't been working out either, so I'm going to take up the gauntlet with you and get back to business. :)

Congratulations on your new pouch-'hood, ShellsAlmostThere. I'm glad to meet several of Proudgrammy's friends from before. Nurseygirl, I did pass my re-eval with Dr Kramer, now I have a meeting with Nurse Practioner, Dietician, and case manager on May 24th so my case is moving forward, maybe surgery in June? I have had 2 knee replacements myself, need shoulder surgery but want my RnY done 1st, then maybe shoulder by September? Well we will see what the summer will bring. May have to move soon, landlord making threatening noises,☝ if he stays in current mood I'll have to be out of here🏡 by July 15, don't want that, don't want to move📫 either but he doesn't want to do🔨🔧🔩🔌🚽 repairs, he wants to sell to me but I don't know if I can run into that much 🔎financing, I'm on fixed income and between rock and hard place, and he dang well knows it. Perhaps I'll gain clarity if I reason all this out. 😕