Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change in Amount I Can Eat

Has anyone else experienced this? I am about 4.5 months post op Sleeve and it seems that I can’t eat as much lately. When I first had the surgery I was very hungry all the time and it seemed that I could eat more than I thought I should or I would get bad hunger pains. I am still on a good loss track so I wasn’t eating too much to affect my weight loss. However, I have noticed over the past week or so that I am eating less and not as hungry (I know that’s a good thing!). I get full after a few bites and can’t eat anymore. I am just curious if that is normal to change the amount you can eat after 4 months from surgery. It feels so much better to not be hungry all the time. I hope this starts to kick in a higher weight loss amount. I am down 82 pounds from my heaviest so I have consistently lost through the different amounts I was eating.

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is incredible! I am only 7 weeks post, but I wanted to tell you I've seen people describe the same situation. At 3 to 8 months out, they aren't as hungry as they used to be. I hope this is the case for me too! I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. I'm not sure why people haven't responded yet!

Congrats on the loss!!!

@logicwand Praying that works the same way for me too! :D

Not being hungry all of the time is pleasant. However, eating has become an unpleasant chore. This is causing me to feel despondent. I hope a year out that at least eating will become a neutral task. I don't want it to become truly enjoyable again because then I fear weight regain. All I ask for is just the unpleasantness to go away.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

As a true overeater, my mind always gets mad when i get ready to eat something good and get full really quick, i guess the real test will come when i can actually eat more. I tell myself all the time, now is the time to work on eating habit and Portion Control but the mind is a powerful thing lol. I can eat quite a bit when it comes to slider food, like crackers, chips and so forth. This is my current battle, so congrats on the loss keep up the good work and enjoy not being hungry and full.

Mind you I am still Pre-Op but I work in the medical field and from what I have heard, acid in your stomach can mimic hunger pains. If that was the case for you immediately post-op it could be that it has settled down so you no longer are feeling "hungry".

On 4/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, Mattymatt said:

Not being hungry all of the time is pleasant. However, eating has become an unpleasant chore. This is causing me to feel despondent. I hope a year out that at least eating will become a neutral task. I don't want it to become truly enjoyable again because then I fear weight regain. All I ask for is just the unpleasantness to go away.

What do you mean by unpleasant chore? How is the impacting what you eat?

God I pray I would not feel hunger! Congratulations on the weight loss!

On 4/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, Mattymatt said:

I know exactly what you mean. Between the loss of taste, the nusiance of measuring, and the fact that you get full so quickly (often with a lump in the back of your throat), it hardly seems worth the effort!

6 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I know exactly what you mean. Between the loss of taste, the nusiance of measuring, and the fact that you get full so quickly (often with a lump in the back of your throat), it hardly seems worth the effort!

I was so sick of the usual fare I decided on having a treat. I bought 4 chicken tenders, ate 1, and put the rest in the fridge.

I'm at almost 4 months and have noticed this as well. At least weight loss seems to have picked up a bit. It does make it harder to get in all the Protein though.