Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Play Another Round of "How Much Am I Eating Now?"

4 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Same...people watch me eat all the time. But they don’t comment, just stare 🙄

I actually say something first to avoid the questions, spoken or not. For work I'm almost always eating at a restaurant my associate or client has chosen, so I don't want them to think I don't like the food. I've been saying that my stomach has been bothering me, so I haven't been eating much. That will also explain why when I see them in a few months or a year, I've lost weight.

I am 4 months post op. I had my malfunctioning band replaced with RNY, a ‘fobi pouch’ non-stretch variety with small built-in non adjustable band, when I was 230 lbs but still a way off my 260lbs or so heavy weight.

I also pretty well don’t get hungry. When eating, I don’t think I have a good ‘feedback’ mechanism for full, but I just sorta run out of interest. Most meals 1/2-3/4 cup. I am on strictly 3 meals a day no Snacks (although I do have the odd one - mostly sensible, eg fruit!)

I like regular, predictable meals. Always have. So I now typically eat:

Breakfast- 1 shot coffee, 1oz milk, 1oz Protein Powder, 6 ice cubes - in blender, coffee Protein smoothie. Makes about 6oz, 2 mins to drink but I try and take 5.

Lunch- 1 low-carb beer stick (salami type thing, 10g protein) and 1oz Edam cheese OR 2oz shredded chicken, 2 lettuce leaves, 5 halved cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper and 1tsp mayo. Which option depends on whether I have time to make the salad - chicken is frozen in 2oz packs from our last rotisserie chicken dinner.

Dinner- I cook for us. We have a home delivery service - each fortnight we get 4 recipes and all ingredients. We eat one every 3-4 days, eat a portion between us and freeze 2 portions, or have for next 2 nights if it don’t freeze. I eat 3/4 cup, protein first. Great range of food, international food types. Tonight - thawed meal of lentil and baked cauliflower salad in yoghurt dressing with almond slivers. Try to get 15g protein plus good veggies

Drink- 5 mugs Decaf instant coffee a day with 1/2 sweetener. Fizzy Water a lot. Occasionally 1/2 bottle cider.

50g protein, 600-700 calories, typically.

This has been pretty much stable since 6 week mark, by the way @FluffyChix

One more thing.

My surgeon has longitudinal study of 1700 RNY patients, going back over 15 years for longest.

1 year after surgery, average daily calorie intake was under 1000. I think he said 900. He has impressive no-regain figures in his patients, and gives you a rough weight-loss projection just pre surgery. Spot on for me so far.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:33 PM, biddynz said:

One more thing.

My surgeon has longitudinal study of 1700 RNY patients, going back over 15 years for longest.

1 year after surgery, average daily calorie intake was under 1000. I think he said 900. He has impressive no-regain figures in his patients, and gives you a rough weight-loss projection just pre surgery. Spot on for me so far.

Did both you and your partner have WLS? That's awesome that 1 entree makes that much food! BTW, congrats on your stunning success and health!

(Also, when did you re-start fizzy Water? What does your doc say about it?)

On 4/7/2018 at 11:03 PM, sillykitty said:

I actually say something first to avoid the questions, spoken or not. For work I'm almost always eating at a restaurant my associate or client has chosen, so I don't want them to think I don't like the food. I've been saying that my stomach has been bothering me, so I haven't been eating much. That will also explain why when I see them in a few months or a year, I've lost weight.

Sounds like a good idea. Keeps them from wondering.

I average anywhere from 600-1000 calories per day. I always hit a minimum of 90 grams of Protein. I don't really have a number for carbs or fat, but my carbs mostly come from fruits and vegetables. Occasionally I will eat a half of a whole wheat bagel or some protein Pasta.

I always start my day with a protein smoothie from a local chain smoothie place. It has minimum of 45 grams per 20 oz serving. I usually add a Fiber boost that gives me an extra 8 grams of fiber.

My staple Snacks are:

1. 1 cup of FairLife ultra filtered skim milk with Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. (13 grams of protein per cup)

2. 1 Cup of roasted garlic chick peas (12 grams of protein per cup)

3. Deli Style tuna Packet by Star Kist (14 grams of protein)

IMG_2416.JPG.ea2670158d92eff2f6413cec50dd9827.JPGIMG_2417.JPG.f3185f13736b6bb7385270babf3dce79.JPGIMG_2418.JPG.9a373327471d5f32f8f7feb8dca759b4.JPG

1 hour ago, AshAsh1 said:

I average anywhere from 600-1000 calories per day. I always hit a minimum of 90 grams of Protein. I don't really have a number for carbs or fat, but my carbs mostly come from fruits and vegetables. Occasionally I will eat a half of a whole wheat bagel or some Protein Pasta.

I always start my day with a protein smoothie from a local chain smoothie place. It has minimum of 45 grams per 20 oz serving. I usually add a Fiber boost that gives me an extra 8 grams of fiber.

My staple Snacks are:

1. 1 cup of FairLife ultra filtered skim milk with Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. (13 grams of protein per cup)

2. 1 Cup of roasted garlic chick peas (12 grams of protein per cup)

3. Deli Style tuna Packet by Star Kist (14 grams of protein)

Do you make your own roasted chick peas? That sounds awesome to me!

8 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Do you make your own roasted chick peas? That sounds awesome to me!

I do! I follow this recipe for seasoning and for cooking instructions. I used to be a big chip person, so this really satisfies my need for crunch. They are so yummy!

I will say that I spray mine with olive oil spray before I season them & then I put them in the oven. I shake the pan every 10 minutes. The instructions in this link are a bit different.

https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/

IMG_2374.JPG.689b3801f584583c3e34e02c60f45f5f.JPG

Edited by AshAsh1

32 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I do! I follow this recipe for seasoning and for cooking instructions. I used to be a big chip person, so this really satisfies my need for crunch. They are so yummy!

I will say that I spray mine with olive oil spray before I season them & then I put them in the oven. I shake the pan every 10 minutes. The instructions in this link are a bit different.

https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/

IMG_2374.JPG.689b3801f584583c3e34e02c60f45f5f.JPG

Thank you! These will be on my short list once I'm on regular foods!

I am almost at my six month mark - right around 90 lb loss. It has really slowed in the last month or so. I hit my Protein goal of 60-90 gms. but don't get too brave with my other foods. Is it normal to slow down this early?

I had DS surgery on 3/16/18. I'll be cleared for veggies, fruits and wheat bread in a few days. I can't have anything with a lot of fiber right now. I am not tracking anything yet bc I want to wait until I can eat everything. Breakfast is a Premier Protein shake, maybe scrambled eggs. I have these 1 cup containers that I take to work everyday filled with food. Las week I filled them with a little refried Beans, shredded enchilada seasoned chicken and a little cheese. I will eat two or three while I am at work. It depends on how hungry I am. I will have some sort of snack when I get home. Maybe another premier, more chicken (I love chicken), Protein oatmeal, etc. Sometimes I will have a sugar free popsicle. When I am brave enough I want to try greek yogurt. It didn't agree with me before the surgery but I am hoping that has changed. I have learned that I can no longer have spicy food which sucks.

Not quite a year and a half out.
I was sleeved and i only do 3 meals per day ( maybe one snack if i've been working out like crazy) and each meal is only 3-4 oz. only because snacking is what made me fat in the first place.

Very very low carb, still.

Typical breakfast is kind of boring just because i never used to eat breakfast ever. So i stick to only a few options and rotate, plus i'm lazy.

- breakfast parfait (0% fat greek yogurt, added 1 scoop of GNC vanilla whey, top with berries of my choice.
- green smoothie
-whey Protein with caramel flavored coffee
- protein shake
-crustless quiche
- eggs and avocados or eggs and 1 piece of bacon

Lunches and dinners i meal prep and because i cook everything that's where i tend to get more creative. I'll make whatever as long as it's low carb. Pinterest has tons of great ideas. I meal prep ahead of time to save me time.

Snacks: (if ever)
- parmesean crips
- protein chips
-sugar free Jello pudding
- smoked almonds or sweet thai chili and dried cranberries
-jerky or duke's smoked shorty sasuages
- deli meat and cheese
- spicy pork rinds
- halo top ice cream
- greek yogurt
- hummus
- guacamole
-cranberry almond chicken salad (costco)

Even though i can eyeball stuff- i still measure and pre portion. I don't ever want to get in the habit of eating slider foods or over eating when im not actually hungry.

I need help. I am 3 weeks out and I can't hit my Protein or my Water. I tried eggs last night and I have been nauseous ever since. I'm back at work but feel so sick I haven't been able to drink. What were you guys eating at 3 weeks out. I am a gastric bypass patient and I cannot stomach Premier Protein shakes right now. Thank you!