Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariActiv

I can’t stand the chewables is anyone taking the pill version and when did they start I am 28 days post op and not taking anything... any info on Vitamins and what people are eating and doing would be great thanks

Sleeved March 1 2018

I am a year post surgery and I haven't take Vitamins at all because the chewables make me sick. I know that I should, but I just can't do it. I'll keep reading here if anyone else has any other ones that work for them.

I am a year post surgery and I haven't take Vitamins at all because the chewables make me sick. I know that I should, but I just can't do it. I'll keep reading here if anyone else has any other ones that work for them.

Thank you

Vitamins are so very important after surgery. Your body needs the vitamins to sustain. I'd recommend finding some vitamins that you can take, I'm currently taking the Bariatric Choice all in one chewable (4x day), along with B1 every morning, and B12 every 5 days.

Maybe discuss with your surgeon for some recommendations. Have you looked at the Tespo system? I'm just really worried about the long term affects of not taking your vitamins.

NutraMetrix (or maybe it's NutraMetix) makes a really good liquid Vitamin. You can get it in Multivitamin (with or without iron) and also calcium citrate. It's a powder that you mix with Water.

I'm using the patch Vitamins too. So far, so good! Love not having to swallow pills. Has anyone relied solely on their diet for vitamins and been successful? I wonder. I know we don't consume as much food, but I would think with shakes and enriched waters we'd be okay.

I try to take Trader Joe's chewables, because they are very complete. But they are hard on my stomach. When my stomach isn't feeling up to the Trader Joe's ones, I take the Centrum Chewables, much easier on my stomach.

Good to know. I'm going to try the Trader Joes ones!

I wasn’t taking mine either for the same reason. Got a serious tongue lashing at Dr office about brain damage if thyamin levels drop and we become Vitamin deficient . She told me she doesn’t care how we take them- just take them. Pill version or whatever. She recommended that I cut the chewables up to a size that is swallowable.... which is what I’m doing

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 183
5’6”

On 3/28/2018 at 2:33 PM, ahipchik1965 said:

Taking your Vitamins is not optional. You might feel fine now but you are only setting yourself up for bigger issues down the line. I know a lady who lost half of her teeth from lack of vitamins after a weightloss surgery...and she was only 32 at that point. Not taking your vitamins would lead to a truckload of dental issues down the line including other health issues like osteoporosis and so on...just wanna put it out there.

chewable vitamins make me severely nauseous too but then I discovered Celebrate ESSENTIAL MULTI 2 IN 1, Orange-Pineapple Flavor. Basically Calcium and multivitamin in one pill. I take them 4 times per day. They have other flavors but I can only vouch for this particular flavor. Btw, I noticed I do get slightly nauseous when I take them on empty stomach so I make sure to take them after a meal and I'm good.

BariActiv
I can’t stand the chewables is anyone taking the pill version and when did they start I am 28 days post op and not taking anything... any info on Vitamins and what people are eating and doing would be great thanks
Sleeved March 1 2018

My surgeon allowed me to move pills after my 2 month post-op check up. The office just recommended the pro health multi with Iron so I'm taking that now.