Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could someone tell me a doc in Boston

I just started a program at Tufts/New England Medical Center in Boston. Haven't met the surgeon yet. I'll let you know how I make out as time goes on....

Sandy

I've started the journey at Lahey Clinic in Burlington. I haven't met the surgeon yet, but he's supposed to be terrific.

I'm having my surgery at the Brighams and Womans hospital with Dr. Lautz. I've heard nothing but great things about him. Also, I have a friend that had her surgery with him, she totally loved him.

I had my surgery at North Shore Medical Center (Salem Hospital) and it is a great program. Alot of after care. There are two surgereons that do it. Dr Buckley and Dr Kastrinakis. I had Dr Kastrinakis. The after care there is really good. There is a monthly meeting and 12 weeks of nutrition and exercise help post surgery.

Mary:

Not Boston, but close, Norwood. I went to Glasgow & Glasgow LLP. They operate at Caritas Norwood Hospital. Glasgow & Glasgow is a Father, Son team. One operates, the other assists. They're both very experienced surgeons. Their office staff is terrific. They have a pre-band seminar they run it about once or twice a month. They have a once a month support group too. I recommend them highly. They have a website too. It's glasgowandglasgow.com, or glasgowandglasgowllp.com. Check it out.

Good luck.

Sue

I am also seeing dr. Arthur & Adam Glasgow in Norwood, MA. They are a super father and son team. They're caring, compationate and very understanding doctors. I'm so lucky to have found them both. I just went to my first support group meeting last night and I learned so much. I feel really good and am quite ready. They are so thorough about explaining everything to everyone. It was really nice to meet people that have already been banded and to hear how well they are doing. Everyone has stories that make a lot of sense. Dec. 3rd is my pre-op date with Adam Glasgow and my procedure date is Dec 27th. What a great way to start the new year!

Hi Stevie:

I was at the support group last night at the Glasgow's. I was sitting next to Arthur with a light blue sweater on. If there's anything you'd like to ask, please feel free. I was banded almost 4 months ago, so I'm getting to be experienced. I got my 2nd fill this morning, so mostly liquids today, soft/mushies tomorrow.

I was surprised/disappointed that the support group had so many people last night. He said there were 12 banded, and 5 pre-band, plus two of them, and the nutritionist. I was only at two other support group meetings prior to last night and they were alot smaller. I hope the next one is not as crowded, but we'll see. I find it is more informative and less claustrophobic with a smaller group.

Anyway, I think they're great too. They seem to genuinely care about their patients and our progress.

Good luck, again, any questions, let me know. No question is a dumb question.

Take care.

Sue

Hi Sue,

It is now 3:17 am and I just put the bird in the oven!

Sue, I wondered if it was you because I remembered you saying you had lost a lot of weight and I really liked the info you shared about walking outside in all weathers, you said the weather never stopped you because had all your gears. I told my husband that's what I need to do, and no more excuses.

Yes I agree with you there were too many people last night but to no one's fault I guess. I'm sure it's because a lot of people needed the support making it through the Thanksgiving feast. I also hope the group is smaller in the future. I like smaller groups myself. Do you remember me? I had my husband with me and I was sitting pretty much across from you. I didn't say anything. Too many people. I am pretty shy when I don't know anyone. It was nice talking to you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I loved the docs at Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston. There is a thread called BIDMC under the Massachusetts bandster chat. My Mom had a bad experience with Dr. Randall in Medford/Melrose just an fyi.

Good Luck with whomever you choose.

Stevie:

I do remember you. I got a fill on Wednesday with Adam. He said he doesn't like it when the group is so large either, but he said he has a problem saying no to people. I can understand that.

Good luck, and send me a private message if you have questions that you want to ask.

Take care.

Sue

I'm having my surgery at the Brighams and Womans hospital with Dr. Lautz. I've heard nothing but great things about him. Also, I have a friend that had her surgery with him, she totally loved him.

I had my surgery there as well but with is his associate Dr Vernon (female). They were named a Center of Excellance in 2006 and the nursing care I received on 15b was of the highest quality. I cant say enough.

My Mom had a bad experience with Dr. Randall in Medford/Melrose just an fyi.

I love Dr Randall.. he can be cranky at times, but who isnt with the hours he keeps, sorry to hear ur mom had a bad experience with him. He was one of the first in the area, I have had no issues with him in a year and a half and a good friend of mine had the bypass with him, no issues. NOW the hospital yes it was a bad experience and not the OR but when I was up on the floor. I wound up taking out my own IV's and telling them they better discharge me and the minute I took them out they knew I meant business ( FYI dont try that at home, I have been working on an ambulance for 11 yrs and have the training to do so)

One plus with Dr Randall is he doesnt charge for extras likee meetings like other do, that was one thing that detered me from NEMC was the cost, but I guess it is a matter of personal choice

I also had my surgery with The Glasgows. Love them!!! Dr. Adam is my doctor and I have nothing but great things to say about them.

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has. My surgery was 5/10/07.

Cindy