Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice from my fellow Tenacious friends!

<p>Today was a whole lot better than yesterday. I don't think I've cried that long or that hard since I got divorced 18 years ago, and that was my idea! I think I was just plain grieving. Yesterday I did a phone meeting of Greysheeters Anonymous, a 12 Step Program that is very clear and simple. The meeting was profound, and I kept the phone on mute so that I could just keep crying. </p> <p> </p> <p>I'm getting awfully tired of the pain in my solar plexis! Does it ever friggin' let up? I have two bandages left to fall off, and my incisions really hurt by the end of the day when I'm as tired as I am now. Fatigue is an issue, but I know it was right to walking this morning for 20 minutes with my crazy poodle, Trevor. I walk very slowly, and mildly bent over. I have this crazy fear that someone will sucker punch me in my band. Weird huh? The mental torment I went through yesterday seems to have purged a lot of the terror I felt at doing such an out-of-character thing as going to Tijuana, MX and having surgery, even safe laparoscopic surgery. I have just had this nightmarish Frankensteinian feeling that I pray will leave me soon. Perhaps it comes when someone has plastic surgery too. It is no doubt inevitable that the mind must catch up with the body. I read feverishly through every piece of 12 Step literature in my house last night to remind myself that I chose, this, I need it, I am a food addict, and I am blessed to be back in recovery with the added support of the band. I merely need to hang on until the swelling and gas pain ends. My friend said hers lasted about 8 days, and I'm on day 6 today, so I feel some hope that it will indeed end one day. I watched her have high energy and enthusiasm, as though she had no discomfort, so I am hoping to have some peace relatively soon. But my therapist is also here to remind me that I must be gentle, gentle, gentle with myself, something an addict is very unprone to do. The good news, and it really is good, is that the paradox of faith can help me transcend any bit of my fears. Focusing on my God and the fact that I am a part of a community of people, both here and in OA, who suffer the same torment, will help me to regain a purposeful life. It is the only way; it always was. In essence, I elected to force myself into recovery. There's no going back. I bid you all peace and surrender to a recovery plan the will help you focus outside yourself and way, way passed food. Remember, overeating is but a symptom of a larger flaw in our thinking. We are, indeed, not the center of the universe. Our task is to stop expecting consolation at every turn in which we feel the least bit discomfort. Our spiritual fitness should be our highest priority: ahead of work, children, husbands, money, food, or even best friends who need us. :)</p>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches