Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello

I am new to this forum.

I was going to share my history of operations from Sweden.

I am 27 years old and have been overweight since the age of 16, which became a major obesity at 20 years of age.
I have tried to lose weight on several occasions but only managed to get down about 10 kg and then go up even more than that.
I decided to contact the county council, who are responsible for healthcare in Sweden. There are 21 county councils in Sweden.
There are many private healthcare clinics, but they are not cheap.

I started by going to a group information where they told me about the methods of operation that were to choose, bypass and sleeve.

This information occurred about 6 months after the first contact.
In November 2017, about 6 months, I had to meet the doctor to be judged if I was fit to operate.
In Sweden, these operations are entirely funded by the county and therefore they can also be a long process from the start to the operation itself.

I was on vacation to the US in January-February and just then they called from the hospital that I had a time for surgery.
The time was March 8, 2018, which today means about 5 days since the procedure.

After the surgery, it felt very good, I started drinking less amounts of Water quite immediately.

In my county, they recommend that you start my soft food already day 2 after the procedure.
This has been very hard for me so I have to go back to more floats to get in touch with me.

I hope, of course, they will get better with the time to eat and drink, in smaller portions, but still able to do that.

I'm honest that I'm very afraid I will not be able to eat normally after several weeks or months and feel like a direct feeling, what have I done with my body.

Several of my friends who made Sleeve or bypass have different experiences, but agree that everything will be better at the end of the operation than before.

I do the surgery a lot to save my health in the long run.

But at the same time because I want to do things with my two children who are soon 6 and 7 years old
Today I can not move so much and therefore they are not doing much with them.

What I've been thinking for quite a while when it comes to sleeve especially, it's a pretty big money industry.
For those who want to make money from recommending surgery to obesity, there are really opportunities to do that.

But there seem to be some people who regret the procedure, at least temporarily until they learned to adapt life after new habits.

I am very interested in research in this area, both before the surgery I have done but also now after.

It is weird that the research on restoring stomachs after surgery has not come further, just in view of money again, the one who succeeds is likely to get rich.

In Sweden, for a long time, there has been a great debate about donating their body organs in the event of accidents and the like. Today, you can move very many body organs between people.

There are also several examples of illegal operations around the world where you steal the body organs from human beings, dead as alive.

Therefore, they are strange that no one tried to take the stomach of a person and put it in another.

Many have surgery for cancer in the stomach.
I personally think it should be in the interest of research to help people regain a real stomach again.

I may raise a sensitive topic but it's okay if they are debating, I like it.

Please feel free to answer my questions and any research in this area.

I work in the healthcare in Sweden and will look into facts about this subject if I can.

I hope you can read all of this! :)

Right after surgery, many people find it difficult to meet their daily Protein and Fluid requirements. That is because your body is in a major heal mode. Just keep working toward your daily goals and you should be able to get there.

Things will improve each day after surgery, but it does not happen overnight. It took me 6 months to reach my happy state, when all the problems seemed to melt away.