Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a revision from Gastric Sleeve to RNY on 1/30/18 so I’m roughly a month out. I’m having trouble tolerating solid food some days I’m fine other days I’m not. I’m terrified I may have stretched my pouch already because of some poor choices. I let stress and depression get to me and I’ve been drinking juice and have had some potato chips. I know bad decision so close out. Have I already screwed my self? Can I still make this work for me? Any tips and advice for getting my life and diet back on track would be appreciated.

There is no need to rush into solids. Just take your time. I found that softer foods such as chili and Soups went down much smoother than solids such as steak and chicken. I have put a few recipes at the end of the attached link. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

I'm not trying to be unkind, but why in the world would you drink sugary juice (I am assuming from the tone of your post that this is what you meant by juice) and eat potato chips when you have had not one but TWO weight loss surgeries?

At some point, you have to muster the grit and perseverance you need to be successful and rise to the occasion. Otherwise, all of this trauma to your body will be for nothing.

Are you working with a therapist who specializes in bariatric patients? It would probably be helpful. You HAVE to change your relationship with food and embrace the kind of eating that will make you successful (protein rich).

I wish you the best, but only you can make this happen. As you know, the surgery will not do it on its own...

I'm not trying to be unkind, but why in the world would you drink sugary juice (I am assuming from the tone of your post that this is what you meant by juice) and eat potato chips when you have had not one but TWO weight loss surgeries?
At some point, you have to muster the grit and perseverance you need to be successful and rise to the occasion. Otherwise, all of this trauma to your body will be for nothing.
Are you working with a therapist who specializes in bariatric patients? It would probably be helpful. You HAVE to change your relationship with food and embrace the kind of eating that will make you successful (protein rich).
I wish you the best, but only you can make this happen. As you know, the surgery will not do it on its own...

Honestly I deserve the unkindness. I am going to look into the therapist as I know my relationship with food isn’t good. My first surgery was botched they only removed less than a 1/4th of my surgery. I lived with thinking I messed up the surgery for 3 years. I did everything by the book the first time lost about 40lbs and gained it all back never had any restriction.

I appreciate your frankness.

There is no need to rush into solids. Just take your time. I found that softer foods such as chili and Soups went down much smoother than solids such as steak and chicken. I have put a few recipes at the end of the attached link. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

This is a great resource thank you. I will read through it and apply some of the recipes and thoughts.

Just now, jackersducky said:

Honestly I deserve the unkindness. I am going to look into the therapist as I know my relationship with food isn’t good. My first surgery was botched they only removed less than a 1/4th of my surgery. I lived with thinking I messed up the surgery for 3 years. I did everything by the book the first time lost about 40lbs and gained it all back never had any restriction.

I appreciate your frankness.

Please do look into working with a therapist. You are worth the hard work and effort. You can be successful; you just have to commit yourself to it. (And trust me, if I can do it, anyone can do it!!)

On 3/4/2018 at 8:06 PM, jackersducky said:

bad decision so close out. Have I already screwed my self?

@jackersducky

curious to see how things have been going this past month

just because you or OP screw up for a while, as "they" say,

tomorrow is a new day..

in the real world - most of us deal with stress at times.

in the past many/most of us used food to help "dull the pain"

that's how we got here. want to eat bad stuff? GET OVER IT!!:lol:

hope things are improving

good luck

kathy

18 hours ago, proudgrammy said:

@jackersducky

curious to see how things have been going this past month

just because you or OP screw up for a while, as "they" say,

tomorrow is a new day..

in the real world - most of us deal with stress at times.

in the past many/most of us used food to help "dull the pain"

that's how we got here. want to eat bad stuff? GET OVER IT!!:lol:

hope things are improving

good luck

kathy

Hi Kathy,

I appreciate you checking in with me :) Im actually doing much better. I made an appointment with my nutritionist and talked about the issues i've been having. I've found some Atkins Snacks that i love that have cut down on my craving for junk and allows me to stay within my carb goals. I also have a very supportive partner. Together we have worked out a plan and I seem to be back on track. I'm still working on the ''dull the pain'' urges as you put it and that is exactly what it is. But slowly it is getting better. I have this beautiful community to thank for it! One day at a time.

Bless you all,

Jackie

16 hours ago, theffner99 said:

I had a revision in November. It is going so much slower. I lost 35 pounds and stopped

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Have you had any follow ups with your nutritionist? Some people just lose slower than others and need to shake up their routine to start the weight loss again. I have insulin resistance which causes me to lose slower as well. I lost a lot of weight 2 weeks post surgery but have been slowly losing lately. The struggle is real. This community has a lot of great resources if you reach out to them.

Keep your chin up and hang in there!

Jackie

On 4/7/2018 at 11:42 AM, frust8 said:

Hi jackersducky are things going better for you in April? Remember you were having some trials a while back.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes things are going much better Thank you. I had a meeting with my Nutritionist and Nurse and have my 3 month follow up next month. We tweaked some stuff and i seem to be doing much better.