Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op. Am I dumping?

5 days post op rny & I think I already screwed up. My husband and I came to the local store just to get a few items, and I suddenly felt hungry, along w/ some lightheadedness, a bit of a weird cold sweat and tiredness (is the random dizziness normal?). My stomach growled, and my airhead brain forgot to pack some pudding or something else in case I got hungry. So feeling kind of shitty, I desperately made it to the yogurt isle and grabbed one of those Oiko yogurts (first time having dairy since surgery. I was told to have some non fat yogurt at this phase, so I thought this would be ok). I thought it seemed safe for me to take according to the nutrition facts. It took care of the growls, but it did not settle nicely. I’m currently experiencing bubble guts, and feel like I need to be near the restroom. Is this what dumping is? I’ve had my required Protein and Water so far & the yogi seemed ok to take. I’ll show the pic of the yogurt in the comments.

Update: Omg it got 5x worse after I wrote the above paragraph. I was in horrible pain a while ago; abdominal diarrhea-like cramping and nausea. It finally eased down a bit after like an hour and a half. What the hell was that?? Could it be too much carbs? Am I lactose intolerant suddenly? IMG_9041.JPG IMG_9040.JPG

5 days post op rny & I think I already screwed up. My husband and I came to the local store just to get a few items, and I suddenly felt hungry, along w/ some lightheadedness, a bit of a weird cold sweat and tiredness (is the random dizziness normal?). My stomach growled, and my airhead brain forgot to pack some pudding or something else in case I got hungry. So feeling kind of shitty, I desperately made it to the yogurt isle and grabbed one of those Oiko yogurts (first time having dairy since surgery. I was told to have some non fat yogurt at this phase, so I thought this would be ok). I thought it seemed safe for me to take according to the nutrition facts. It took care of the growls, but it did not settle nicely. I’m currently experiencing bubble guts, and feel like I need to be near the restroom. Is this what dumping is? I’ve had my required Protein and Water so far & the yogi seemed ok to take. I’ll show the pic of the yogurt in the comments.
Update: Omg it got 5x worse after I wrote the above paragraph. I was in horrible pain a while ago; abdominal diarrhea-like cramping and nausea. It finally eased down a bit after like an hour and a half. What the hell was that?? Could it be too much carbs? Am I lactose intolerant suddenly? [emoji85]IMG_9041.JPG.4abdcdee4bbcaf3f364419a2cf061c86.JPG IMG_9040.JPG.34f52ba141e9f198d3631e0e2913a806.JPG

It could be dumping. Im 5 days post op as well and from what I know usually weeks 1-2 are liquids only and sugar free.

Yeah, 17g of carbs and 11g of sugar would be way too much for me. I'm told to limit sugar to no more than 4g/serving or less.

Sorry you had that learning experience! :(

I am guessing that because you were feeling really hungry that you might have ate too fast and/or too much. I see that even though the yogurt has 11 grams of sugar, there are 0 added sugars so the natural sugar was probably not an issue. I eat yougurt all the time with no issues, but one night I was chatting away to my daughter and not paying a lot of attention and realized very quickly that I ate too fast and it had to come back up for me to feel better. So just be mindful to be prepared and go slow, even if you're really hungry.

Everyone is diferent but my surgeon allowed me to eat dairy till the 4 th week at 5 days post op i was drinking only my Protein and frappe ice with a touch of gatorade, my food was a Soup of chayote im from México i think in english is squash... or carrot (boil them till soft then u put it in the blender with some salt and water) images (67).jpeg(image of chayote)

Sent from my D6503 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds like dumping - I ate a Protein Bar with 20g Protein, 17g total carbs, once, with terrible results (in a cafe!)

Just a thought - how fast did you drink it? That seems like a big quantity for 5 days out. Too much or too fast can also cause dumping, in my experience.