Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Undies question....

Ladies,

What kind of undies do you bring to surgery with you?

Do you wear them during the surgery itself?

I don't know how I feel being so exposed if not....lol

What about socks?

Thanks so much!!

I was given a pair of see-through paper pants to wear under my surgical gown. Not glamorous but I was asleep by the time they were rooting about. Xx

Edited by MsTipps

Haha...ok. Things we women worry on.

It's not I'll know that I'm exposed anyhow and hopefully time i get that far I'll be so excited that I won't care at all.

Thanks guys!

I felt embarrassed at the thought of them seeing my private areas but these folks are professionals and are used to it. The only way I knew they'd been near the paper panties was because there was an iodine stain on the elastic waist of them. I woke up perfectly decent lol x

I was fully nude under the gown until I went home.

Side note: I was...not aware they would be shaving off a one-foot square of belly hair. That was a surprise when I woke up post-surgery.

I was buck nekked under my gown, I did wear undies to the hospital they requested that I take everything off prior to surgery. It all got packed into a bag and left with the wife as she waited, once I was done with surgery and released 7 hours later I threw everything back on and went home.

I was told to wear just a gown. In Pre-op, They gave me a blanket for my butt half for extra coverage. LOL. Socks at my hospital were color coded "safety socks" so we had to wear what the hospital gave us.

As soon as I got to my room, I went to the bathroom and slipped on some PJ bottoms. Felt perfectly comfy roaming the halls in my gown and PJ bottoms....and "safety socks".

Sometimes they’d put a blanket over my bottom half for modesty, sometimes not. I didn’t really care if I accidentally exposed myself. It’s a hospital, not a playground.

Bare beneath, hospital socks with tread. No undies until I went home. I normally am not fond of commando mode, but on pain meds, etc, I really didnt care

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, Bhageerah said:

I was buck nekked under my gown, I did wear undies to the hospital they requested that I take everything off prior to surgery. It all got packed into a bag and left with the wife as she waited, once I was done with surgery and released 7 hours later I threw everything back on and went home.

You was able to leave 7 hrs later? No overnight stay?

11 minutes ago, sammi123 said:

Outpatient surgery is a mixed blessing. Less chance of infection, less pain management.

Edited by Apple203

42 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Outpatient surgery is a mixed blessing. Less chance of infection, less pain management.

From what i have read, if all goes well mine will be overnight. Going home would be nice to. I can see the pros and cons of both:)

On 2/25/2018 at 5:34 PM, sammi123 said:

No, for reasons already stated my Dr does not want his patients to stay overnight. Not only that but everyone admitted for surgery and goes under automatically gets labeled as a high fall risk for legal reasons. That means that you are unable to walk or get out of your bed without the assistance of a nurse. Which also means that you do not walk around right after surgery. He prefers to send his patients home due to less rates of infection, more movement, and its generally better for the patient. I actually preferred this method because I slept in my own bed and had my swallow test and was able to eat ice chips not long after coming out of surgery. Wife and I both work in healthcare and trust me you do not want to stay in the hospital longer than you have to!:D