Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water -- Make it More Filling??

Hi All, I am going to do the 2-week pouch reset diet that is listed here. I am curious. I know when I have done this in the past, I have felt shaky and light-headed. The goal is to drink more water... and I do. Is there anything that I can add to the Water to alleviate the shakiness? I feel like it is blood sugar low... but who knows. I feel like other plans (Ideal Protein? ?) give you something to add to the water to assist with the shakiness.... any ideas or suggestions that you have actually implemented??

Not sure what the pouch reset entails, but if it's the same as fasting, I have a lot of experience with that. If you're just Water fasting, the only thing you should be doing is resting. No work, cleaning, driving around, etc. If you're doing juice fasting, just have some juice and it will bring your blood glucose back up and should stop the shaking. I also like seltzer water to make it more "filling." And remember, if you get lightheaded, take a knee so you don't pass out and hurt yourself.

The pouch reset can be found here at Bariatric Pal at https://store.bariatricpal.com/pages/2-week-pouch-reset-diet. Realistically, It isn't just a juice fast. It starts that way, but you have to continue on with the Water as food returns in a stepped way. The juice adds extra calories. Anyone have additional ideas?

I know that BARIATRIC PAL is a good source of info but I know for a fact you can do this without buying their products. You can make your own Bone Broth. Make pretty much all you will need. On another note I have also heard that the RE-SET doesn't work. Years ago when my friend had her RNY (it was called Gastric Bypass then) Her Dr. had he do a test with measured out cottage cheese. She was told to get a cup of CC and eat until she was full but not over stuffed. You might want to try something like that. Also, I don't know if you have heard but our bodies can only use 30 grams of Protein at a time. Anything more than that is just lost when we go Pee Pee. Sorry for that I don't want to offend anyone.

Why not go back to basics and lose the angst? Follow your doc's plan for early solid introduction:

Protein first (around 2-3oz)>>very small amounts of healthy fat like avocado, butter, olive oil>>cooked veggies>>low glycemic fruit

no drinking 30 minutes before or after meals

no carbonation

ditch ALL the sugar and crap!!!

Ditch the complex higher glycemic carbs, any sugar or sugar free crap and just do that for 2 weeks? You still might have carb withdrawal which is why most feel shaky. The low carb docs guide for shakiness/weekness during carb withdrawal is 1-2 cups of bouillon (for the sodium and minerals), 1 tsp MOM, and lots of Water.

Hugs and hope this helps. I'd choose this any day over the hell of the pouch reset protocol which many claim is a hoax. Drs. Weiner and Alvarez say that the pouch isn't actually stretched out in the majority of cases--that it is simply that you are having hormonal responses to eating too many carbs from the wrong sources and allowing crap and inappropriate eating times back into your routine...