Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Screw you scale!!

Last two weeks...

Me: I'm going to mind my carbs and lower my calories again a bit and walk some more and this and that and this and that...

Scale: Hahahahaha. Yeah no you're not losing anything.

This week...

Me: Screw it I'm going back to my normal diet.

Scale: Okay you lost two pounds this week.

FlipTable.jpg.8857bbf5a62a952d92684e72b12a6545.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Relax brah! 2lbs is awesome-ish! Tell My 600Lb Life to go eff itself! ((hugs)) Sorry you're frustrated!!

(But that aside, I feel your pain. I'm exactly like this. To a T. And heaven forbid if I gain! My day sucks! Hahaha.)

Edited by FluffyChix

If that's the case I would just keep on eating the way you have been. Your body might need a little more carbs and calories to get through. We are all different.

I'm still figuring out what works for me. I'm at 1000 cals, 50 +/- carbs, 75-85 Protein, and haven't lost a thing in over two weeks (almost three!). I've tried less calories, more calories, less carbs, more carbs, less exercise, more exercise... what the actual blank is going on?! lol I finally stopped weighing myself.

I get my 60 grams of Protein, but a huge part of my diet is carbs. Beans, Pumpernickel, Sourdough, lentils, protein Pasta (made of lentils and chickpeas), protein wraps, whole wheat English muffins, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, white potatoes...mashed, baked, etc. (when I do mashed, I do half potatoes, half cauliflower, with fat free buttermilk)

And fruits are all carbs, and I eat about four servings a day. Tons of veggies, too.

I eat very little meat. One Protein Shake in my coffee over the course of the day=30g protein. One greek yogurt each day=10g protein. The other 20g I get from low glycemic carb protein (a whole wheat English muffin has 6g of protein), tofu, mushrooms, beans, nuts, seeds, etc. And a couple times a week, I eat some meat, too. I get my 60g of protein every day. Sometimes 80g.

Losing 1-2 pounds a week pretty steadily. Loving it:) This week was a bonus week...3 pounds:) (last week I was stuck due to my period, so 3 pounds was welcome)

I'm eating 6 little meals a day, am never hungry. The idea that this is forever...is ok with me. I like how this fits in my life.

Edited by Creekimp13

I just had to laugh it off. Been in a stall for a while and haven't been able to get out and walk much thanks to this craptastic winter we're having. You just have to laugh sometimes at all the work you put in to trying to make some minor changes and your body decides it's going to do what it wants to do. :lol:

Winter here has been sucky, too. Spring can't come soon enough:)

eat.jpg

Edited by Creekimp13

46 minutes ago, orionburn said:

I just had to laugh it off. Been in a stall for a while and haven't been able to get out and walk much thanks to this craptastic winter we're having. You just have to laugh sometimes at all the work you put in to trying to make some minor changes and your body decides it's going to do what it wants to do. :lol:

I feel ya! :lol: Yesterday I told the surgeon that for 11 days of 488 calorie pre-surgical liquid diet angst I was expecting more than a 5lb net loss over previous weights. I told her I was expecting a 9 or 10 bouncing baby ball of fat off my thighs. She laughed. Said, "Their, there, they're--when was the last time you lost 5lbs in a week?" *smacks head*