Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight should I expect to lose a week

Hello I was banded 10-10-07 in Noblesville/Fishers Indiana.

I want to make sure I am on the right track, about how much is the average weight loss weekly? ABout how many calories a day do most of you consume? When was your first fill, how much?? Any foods that I just need to avoid do to size of stoma???? I know I am a newbie, a rookie!!!:help::faint:

I was banded Tuesday, October 23 in Austin, Texas. I'm getting hungry quickly. My doctor pretty much told me I could eat what I could handle so as long as it was thin or watery enough to go through a straw, but without the straw. I'm eating or "slurping" until full, which doesn't take very long. But I'm hungry within a few hours. I don't know if this is to be expected. I've also been a bit nauseated. pills doctor prescribed have helped in this area. Port area very painful. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. What's been your experiences?

1-2 lbs a week. I lose about 1 lb a week. This is a life long thing, if you are a slow looser give it time it will come off.

I was banded on 09/05- at weeks 3-6 I got very hungry and stayed the same weight-then last week I got my fill- 4 lbs dropped off in one week- I have lost 21 lbs since I was banded which I feel is pretty good-I will be happy with 8 lbs a month- which is 2 per week- most people say 1-2 lbs is the avg-but it just depends-depends on your eating, exercise, and compliance to the plan. Also restriction is a factor- I do have restiction even with my first fill-but will need another one soon i am sure.. I am eating about 900-1000 cal a day- some of the successful bandsters who last really quick were doing about 600-800- but I do not feel like I can function on only 600 cal a day-900 is pretty good-it allows for 3 meals a day-plus a snack and Protein shake.I have a 10cc aps band- I have a fill of 4.4 cc-the band actually takes 2.4 just to fill the inside so I had an addl 2 cc added on my first fill. yesterday was the first day i had any trouble- my family got teriyaki chicken for dinner-the rice I could handle-the chicken-no-I got stuck and had a chest pain for a couple of minutes-the chicken was too dry- chicken that is moist works fine. Hope this helps!

Everyone on this thread helped so much!!! Thank you. I am looking forward to my first fill. My port incision site is still very sore especially when I bend. I am doing the same trying to stay at 900 cals aday, although I may alternate 600 a day 900 day then 600 day, etc. 8 pounds a month would great!! I will try to get exercise in it in a couple of weeks. I stay preety full for several hours, however I feel that I can always eat more when I am having my meals. So far crazy but my thing is Subway, I can have a loaded with veggies 6 in oven roasted chicken breast with less then 350 cals, YUMMO, I do not feel guilty with that. :hungry:

Beverly - do you have any trouble eating the bread on your yummy Subway sandwich? Which kind of bread do you get? I'm worried about not being able to eat bread - maybe I will be able to eat some kinds afterall?

I wish i could stay at 1000 a day. But i get too hungry when i try that. I eat 1500 to 1600 a day. I go to the gym four to five times a week.I lose one to two pounds a week this way. My problem time is at night in front of the tv. Always was. I am working on this. Donna

Hello Buckeye fan!!!

I get white, not toasted, and I have no problem what so ever!! Ok I need support desperately today guys............ I started out great had my little bowl of weight control oatmeal, had a sugar free Jello mid morning, then at lunch a very very small salad, yes I was doing awesome then OH MY>>>>>>>>> I decided I would try a later lunch with my family, so I scarfed down chinese, beef,broccoli and rice, with no problem, then the guilt took over a few hours later, so what do I do, I eat yesterdays left overs, mac and cheese, fries and chicken nuggets ( that we had made for our younger two the day before) I had no problem scarfing that done as well. I felt maybe a little lump later, but it was as though I had no band. HELP>>>> I have yet to get my 1st fill, will that help??? I plan to drink lots of Water tonight and go back on my EAS shakes tomorrow.

You were banded 6 days after me, how is it going how much weight have you lost? How much was your highest. When I began my 2 week pre-surgery I was 316, I was 295 day of surgery and I am at 280 today, well I was but I told you about food intake today. I look forward to our stories and progress. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Hello Donna,

Read my thread above what I ate oday tell me what you think, I have been doing so good as I stated previous with my 900 cals, I am so upset, help!!!!!! Give me some hope!!!

Beverly

Hi I Was Banded 10-10-07 In Victoria Texas. I've Lost 30 Lbs To This Date. I Just Got My First Fill 10-26-07 1.2ml. It Feels Really Tight. I'm Only Tolerative Liquinds Right Now. I Was Told This Will Pass. It Kind Of Feels Tight Like Right After Surger.

The doctors and books that I have read say that you should loose between 1-3 lbs per week. Now keep in mind everybody is differant. I was banded on 9/19/07 and Iam down about 20 lbs after surgery.

Chris

I was banded on oct. 18th. no fill yet, but I have lost 16 pounds. I am sure it is because I only eat liquids and pureed right now. I was initially getting hungry every few hours, but that has changed. I don't get hungry as much. I also started Protein Shakes which all helping greatly. I drink one in the morning and I am tied over till lunch!

Hello Joann, I am originally from Bryan, Texas. I am afraid that I have started regular food to quickly, also I am back hungry and can continue eating, I am not scheduled to get my 1st fill until the 8th of November. Should I see if I can get in sooner. Do you think that I started eating regular foods to soon, I started about 16 days after banded.