Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in the morning!!

I’ve got to be at the hospital at 8:15 tomorrow for my sleeve! I’m terrified of the actual surgery part (never had surgery before) but I’m so excited for my new journey. My surgery is outpatient and I spend the night in a hotel near the hospital once I’m released from my room tomorrow night. I’m pretty nervous and trying to keep myself distracted. I’m really scared of the anesthesia and the post surgery pain. Praying it won’t be too bad. Any advice or tips are appreciated!

Now,lean back and relax,darlin' it is gonna be all right. You're going to sleep, so just go calmly and trust in your surgeon, they do oodles of these things and yours is going to go smoothly. And when you wake up and YOU WILL wake up ----your new life begins. Its all going to be so cool. [emoji307] and prayers.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I was exactly where you were just a little over a week ago! I had never had any surgery, anesthesia, etc. and all the unknowns were just compounding to really rattle me.

Cliche though it might be, I went looking for some quotes that I could focus on that day pre-op, to keep me calm and they actually really helped! Below were my two favorites (found on Pinterest):

"Hey, Beautiful One.
You knew today would be a little tricky.
Hang tight, Love.
You're walking in the right direction.
Just keep walking." -Jane Doe

"Exhale.

Take a deep breath.

Many people have survived exactly what you are now facing.

You are not alone and you are just as strong as they were.

You will survive this."

I'm happy to report everything went incredibly smoothly for me and I know it will for you too!! You will wake up to a new world, feeling excited and empowered (and a little sore), with a new lease on life! Wishing you all the success and confidence!!

Good luck on your surgery and remember afterwards to Walk, Walk, Walk. It will help to relieve the gas pain.

Don’t be nervous!!! I remember feeling like that also. But don’t worry your doctor will make sure everything will be fine. You will be asleep before you know it and wake up with a new stomach. Good luck with your journey!!!!

Just remember to try and walk when the nurses ask you to or on your own with permission, also Water sip sip sip

wishing you the best!!! You've got this!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!!

3 hours ago, sleeve21418 said:

I’m doing ok! Yesterday was ROUGH. I had really bad gas pains up until 10pm when I was allowed to go to sleep. I woke up feeling so much better though. Still feel pretty rough but hoping the worst is behind me. Thank you for checking on me!!

Just drink your Water & walk. Things will improve each day. Happy healing! Congrats