Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inches lost post body lift/tt?

I'm getting a body lift in May. How many sizes did you lost after the body lift? I have a hanging pannus and thicker thighs and am curious if I'm going to go down any sizes. Maybe a few?

Are you having Lipo along with? Most surgeons add that it as body contouring and that makes a huge difference. How much “skin” can you pinch? If it’s more than .25 to .5 inch there’s subcutaneous fat that will be removed to make it works also.

When I had my Tummy Tuck my panus skin was literally almost paper thin. It was just skin. So I barely lost any inches. I wore the same size jeans before and after.

So it’s very individual.

1 minute ago, jess9395 said:

Are you having Lipo along with? Most surgeons add that it as body contouring and that makes a huge difference. How much “skin” can you pinch? If it’s more than .25 to .5 inch there’s subcutaneous fat that will be removed to make it works also.

When I had my Tummy Tuck my skin was literally almost paper thin. It was just skin. So I barely lost any inches. I wore the same size jeans before and after.

So it’s very individual.

I believe there will be Lipo as well. I have a lot that I can pinch - more like an inch or 1.5 inches. It just hangs at this point. Doc basically said that it's going to create a decent weight loss too. Thanks!

Can I ask what is included in a body lift? I am at the start of my weightloss journey but am already saving for the tidy up operation at the end. Wondering if this body lift thing could be the answer to my prayers! x

2 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

Can I ask what is included in a body lift? I am at the start of my weightloss journey but am already saving for the tidy up operation at the end. Wondering if this body lift thing could be the answer to my prayers! x

It can vary, but generally speaking, a lower body lift will remove excess skin/fat in the tummy, back, butt and some thighs and pull up the bottom half of your body and pull down the middle. two big incisions are made all around the body and things are pulled up.

thanks! that sounds good. I might couple that with a brachioplasty and some new boobs.... bet its gonna be pricey though :(

Just now, MsTipps said:

thanks! that sounds good. I might couple that with a brachioplasty and some new boobs.... bet its gonna be pricey though :(

I want brachioplasty and maybe a breast lift at some point. My surgeon won't do it at the same time because of the length of time a lift takes. So, that will be a separate surgery.

I had Tummy Tuck (which half just the front half, not all the way around) breast lift/augment and brachioplasty all in the same operation. Because I didn’t need any Lipo the surgeon felt that he was able to accomplish all that at once. My butt could stand some lifting and my thighs some tightening but his goal was to do a “good enough job in one swoop” that I didn’t feel the need to go through another surgery for those. So far he’s been successful!

I went down two pant sizes. They took off 15lbs of skin/tissue. But I’ve only ‘lost’ 5-10lbs on the scale. It was 10 but came up after Christmas. Everything fits the same still, but trying to get those 5 back off now. I was a 16-18 before surgery and now a 12-14.

@jess9395 that sounds good too - will just have to see what I feel is needed at the time. My tummy, boobs and upper arms are definites. Not sure any amount of exercise could sort them out :( x

I had lower body lift with Lipo and body sculpting (AKA moving fat back to my butt so wasn't flat). My surgeon is an artist, love him. I was more swollen with body lift than breast or arms, and definitely it was the most sore I was from any surgery period. Also had drains from body lift as mine was all the way around included butt lift, so not possible to even wear some clothes for those 2 weeks.

I lost inches immediately, I would say it took about a month for swelling to be gone and fully realize my new waist, lost about 2 -3 sizes. Looking forward to my thigh getting done!

I am one month out post lower body lift so there is quite a bit of swelling left still. I was size 4 pre-op and I fit into size 2 or 0 depending on brand even with the swelling, compression garment and the gauzes/dressings tacked on to dam some belly button leakage so I think I'll end up 2 sizes smaller. Of course, I also had a butt lift but I started out so small there that even with the enlarged butt it still doesn't put a restriction pant-wise.