Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months post op need help

Hi I’m 5 months post surgery gastric sleeve & have lost only 37 pounds. I walk half an hour is all but my life has just been so crazy. I have to hit the gym.. is anyone else like me out there ? I feel alone cuz all of u out there have lost so much weight .. help!

While I have generally had good weight loss, I have been on a frustrating stall the last 3 weeks so I can relate.

Everyone loses weight at a different rate! That's fine. It sounds like you might have an opportunity to shake things up. Trying a new exercise or diet plan could help you. Have you got a nutritionist or any support through your surgeon? If not, time to nerd up and read some bariatric or even general nutrition books, blogs, online videos. There are so many awesome stories out there of people who kept going when things were tough.

Weight loss is so so hard. We're all feeling it! You are definitely not alone!

What's your daily eating like and Cal's?
Some people lose slower when they have less to lose also

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

I’m yet to meet my nutritionist .. I should go! She suggests 6/7 meals a day which is hard with my schedule at work. My calorie intake a day is 800 or less

So your not going to tell us what your eating ? As that's the only way someone can help perhaps suggest you swapping something etc.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Amy1234 said:

I’m yet to meet my nutritionist .. I should go! She suggests 6/7 meals a day which is hard with my schedule at work. My calorie intake a day is 800 or less

Calories are not the end all-be all when it comes to weight loss. If you're not doing a food journal then try it for a week to know where you are at and take the guesswork out. It gets old hearing it but seriously - 60g of Protein, 64 oz of Water, and make sure you're taking your Vitamins. At 5 months out your calories could actually be too low. Keep them too low for too long and your body will hold onto every ounce that it can. There are times where you actually need to increase your calories in order to lose weight. Not talking but increasing it by 500 calories, but try going up to 900 for a week and see what happens.

One of the things my doc warned us about was returning to a busy work schedule and not sticking to your plan. It becomes easy to snack on something because you only have 5 minutes here or there which leads to old/bad habits.

Are you snacking? Grazing? Or are you still doing designated smaller meals 5-6x a day? Are you drinking when you eat? These are all factors.

Healthy fats? Carbs? Eating Proteins first?

Need more info here to be helpful.

Hi I do snack on chocolate say once a week. I’m unable to make 5-6 meals and drink the Water. So hard to consume water when I have few breaks during the day. I think I’ve to go all Protein Shake for three meals maybe? I have one slice of bread once I a way ..
most times it’s just shake and egg with pesto & some cheese. I definitely don’t consume a lot but I’m so bugged and even getting depressed cuz I went through so much not to lose 26 pounds in 5 months. The stall is unbearable. All the time I have for exercise is a walk for 40 mins a day. I should maybe hit the gym instead? Do weights ?
I’m not doing 5-6 meals. I eat 2-3 meals and most of it shake

Hi I do snack on chocolate say once a week. I’m unable to make 5-6 meals and drink the Water. So hard to consume Water when I have few breaks during the day. I think I’ve to go all Protein Shake for three meals maybe? I have one slice of bread once I a way ..
most times it’s just shake and egg with pesto & some cheese. I definitely don’t consume a lot but I’m so bugged and even getting depressed cuz I went through so much not to lose 26 pounds in 5 months. The stall is unbearable. All the time I have for exercise is a walk for 40 mins a day. I should maybe hit the gym instead? Do weights ?
I’m not doing 5-6 meals. I eat 2-3 meals and most of it shake

Please please please get in touch with your surgical /nutritional team . They will be able to help you plan your food most effectively and make sure there are no other factors that may be preventing weight loss

@Amy1234 - you don't say what type of work you do that you can't have Water next to you during the day. Are you retail? A teacher? A nurse? Assembly? And make hard boiled eggs to carry with you to work, or those premade tuna salad things, a bag of 20 almonds, string cheese, small container of cottage cheese, or a small carton of milk. Sip a clear Protein Shake in the car, keep a cooler with you in the car for food and drinks.

although your diet is fairly healthy maybe it’s the fat intake, even if it’s good fat with as little as we eat and if you aren’t exercising it’s probably storing it. My nutritionist told me to go over anything like cheese and nuts so she can see if and make sure it wouldn’t stall my weight loss! hope that maybe helps