Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess this is Bandster @*&%

Hi,

I am 15 days out. Surgery was Oct. 11.

I feel like I have no restriction. I feel like I could eat a horse (well, not a horse-but you know what I mean)

The only thing I can feel different is that I seem to get a touch of heartburn each time I eat.

I want restriction dangit! My first fill isn't until November 26.

Ok, if anyone else is in bandster &$$#, please respond. Misery loves company....

I will keep you company! I too want to eat, trying not too. I don't go for a fill until Nov. 13. 3 more weeks!!! We can be miserable together!

Hi there,

I had surgery on the 11th as well. Are you off of fluids now? I am not supposed to eat real food till next week. I haven't been feeling really hungry but my head wants me to have more than just a bowl of Soup at night.

Karen

I am not saying I know, but maybe what you think is heartburn is the feeling of being too full. Just gotg banded last night so I can't say I am a expert but thay did tell me to recognize the pressure at my breast bone as a sign that I am full. Just thought it might help.:help:

I am in banster *&%$ with you and I only got banded on 10/16 10 days ago!! At first I wasnt hungry, but I am starving all the time now. I ate a whole (mushy w/sour cream) baked potato...It made me sick to think I could eat that and be perfectly fine. I was at lunch and surrounded by people, so I didnt notice I had eaten it all unitl it was gone and then I was like omg I just ate the whole &*^% thing!! Then about 3 hours later I was hungry again:eek: WHAT AM I GONNA DO????

Yes, I was thinking that it may be my new "full" signal. I think I am eating too fast too. At lunch I will eat 1/2 c. chicken salad and 1/2 c. cottage cheese and will get this feeling. I know I have to retrain myself to eat because I am just eating this way too fast. I think maybe if I ate slower, I would get that feeling sooner and it wouldnt be as bad.

We are a work in progress and changes arent made overnight now are they?

I was in bandsters hell about 3 weeks ago-I was starving!!! it was tough but I made it to my first fill and so will all of you!!!-I have restriction with my first fill but some people don't- what I have noticed now is that I was probably consuming too many calories during those three weeks-right now I am at about 900 cal a day.I am content with this and I have no need or want to snack-so my advice is be patient.. even though it is really hard and you guys will make it!!

I am going through bandster hell too. I was worried because I was eatting more than my doctor prescribed. I mean who could live on 3/4 of food. I called the nurse, who spoke to the doctor, who then called me back and said, "that if I eat more than what is recommended in one sitting I could be in danager on doing harm to my band. Well I freaked out. Who would have thought 1/4 cup could do so much harm? So I put myself on liquids for the next day, and today I have been following the doctor's guildelines to a T. The only difference is: If I get hungry in two hours I eat again. I eat smaller meals more often. It seems to be working. I have only had to resort to extra eating once. I think most of it is head hunger. So if I tell myself I can eat whenever I want to. Problem solved.

I also make sure I get all my Protein in. I consume about 800 to 900 calories per day, and walk off 500 calories.

I find it interesting how we were all so excited- and now we are all having such a time. I had lost 26 pounds in between pre-op and post op- now I have gained back 3 1/2 pounds. I am so mad that I don't even want to change my ticker- I cannot believe I have gained. I know we are just in healing stage and our body is trying to hold on to some calories now we are eating more substantial food- but for people that have fought our weight, gaining is so upsetting! I like many of you are getting hungry- but I know some of it is just head hunger. I need to start exercising and try to kick the weight loss in gear again. I am having a hard time getting in the Protein. So many things in the mushie stage are carbs. On Thursday I can start soft regular food and hopefully then I can increase the Protein and drop most of the carbs. Ugh!!!!!

:help:

Hi,

I am 15 days out. Surgery was Oct. 11.

I feel like I have no restriction. I feel like I could eat a horse (well, not a horse-but you know what I mean)

The only thing I can feel different is that I seem to get a touch of heartburn each time I eat.

I want restriction dangit! My first fill isn't until November 26.

Ok, if anyone else is in bandster &$$#, please respond. Misery loves company....

I'm feeling your pain. I was also banded on 10/11 and my first fill is not until 11/9. My weight is fluctuating daily (I know I'm not supposed to weigh that often but I'm worried about gaining back the 22 lbs I've lost). I think I'm going to call the dr tomorrow to see if I can come in sooner for a fill. Does everyone have to wait a month for the first fill or does it depend on the dr?

Paragirl - you know my story... I am right there with you. And Carrot - I gained a couple pounds too... I won't change my ticker because I am too disgusted with myself.

But as the nurse told me - It is OK to gain a few pounds while recooperating from the surgery - it is after we get the fills that we don't want to gain.

But back to the main point - yep I am starving....

I eat a TON of sugar free Jello and puddings - (no wonder I gained weight)... but I am also not... NO FLAMING PLEASE... not taking in my Protein like i should - just can't afford the huge canisters they sell it in. Plain and simple. And when I say can't afford it - I mean Can't afford it. We are in financial desperation I guess you could say right now... But that is a whole other session of therapy there.... God can get me through this and this too shall pass so moving on.

But I think if you keep those pudding cups around and just have one of those or something else Thick and creamy - it will hold you until you have a meal or so the next lunch/dinner phase. Or I like to have oatmeal or grits as an inbetween meal or as the meal. They are quick filling and are yummy even plain. (at least to me they are)... OR if you like refried Beans, put some velveeta cheese and refried Beans together with some salsa and sour cream. Makes for a great fake taco without the shell. LOVE IT!!!

Try that and hopefully it will help.

Trying canned chicken with southwestern Soup tonight for dinner - bet it will be like eating a quesadilla... :( MMMMmmmmmmm....

Will let ya'll know...

Anyways - good luck and you have my #... call if you need to vent/shoulder who is going through the same thing... etc... :D

Amy

i too am struggling. i have a thread just like one...

it is somewhat comforting to read that i am not alone in my now daily struggles.

everyone keep on keeping on and i know we can all get through this. my first fill is the 15. like 2 weeks. i can do this, i can do this, i can do this....

From what my dr. says, this is normal! Even though we do have the band right now, the swelling has went down and we have no restriction so we can eat as we would have pre-surgery. We just have to be strong! I know I have been eating portions that are too big but I am working on it!