Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

most ignorant reply

I think Star Jones looks amazing too!! Good for her that she could afford the plastic surgery!! Now if she could only find a witch doctor to shrink her head so she doesn't look like a bobble head doll.........

I think Star Jones looks amazing too!! Good for her that she could afford the plastic surgery!! Now if she could only find a witch doctor to shrink her head so she doesn't look like a bobble head doll.........

:faint: LMAO :heh:

Yes I got some stupid remarks, but I have had the last laugh.

edie

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

AHAHHAAHHAHAHAA, I love your attitude!

Hilarious thread everybody!

My favourite is "So when are you having it removed?"

A LOT of people have the impression that once you lose the weight they take out the band. I have to explain that, no, it will be permanent, unless I choose to remove it or it needs to be removed because of any medical necessity. That seems to kindof blow their minds a little.

From my friend- I don't understand why people need a rubberband to stop them from eating.

My cousins- So you are starving yourself?

You are just doing this to get a boyfriend.

From my aunt- I hope you don't look like star jones when you finish.

My dad is the one that makes the stupid "rubber band" remarks. He was talking on the phone to my relatives, telling them that I was having a rubber band put around my stomach. He knows better, too. He was supposedly just doing it to try and be funny (but personally, I think he's just an ass sometimes).

I haven't been banded yet; but I had my teenager son tell me, 'Mom, why don't you just diet like before?' I told him, 'does it look like the diets have worked? honey, when you are about 140 plus overweight, it's harder.' He still didn't get it. Ugh.

ROFL at some of these!!!! ;) ;)

I had one friend say ' go on a diet,give me £10,000 and I will make you go running with me' .......... no you dont say,diet and exercise if only I had know that 60lb ago smart ass!!

My kids just say 'cooooool' and want to feel my port site ( ok ok, what can I say I have strange kids)

Nina xx

if you had lap band, why arent you skinny yet?

*sigh*

Losingjusme - WOW. That's just downright mean spirited. I'm so sorry someone said that to you. BTW - I've seen your photos and I THINK YOU LOOK FRICKIN FABULOUS! :whoo: It amazes me JUST HOW IGNORANT some people are.

I'm in the process of being banded, but here are my "Here's Your Sign" award experiences:

1. I had several adults say..."Wait until after the holiday's to be banded!" - Okaaay...let's gain another 20 lbs so that I can lose weight when it's convenient??? STUPID!

2. My son (18 yrs old) asked me "Why are you having the surgery?"...and I was like...."Maybe being 150 lbs overweight AND on 7 different medications have made my decision for me..." I think my son is so used to me being overweight and doesnt' realize all the health and psychological issues involved. Love him though!

Can't wait for my Nov 6th consult! Insurance has already approved surgery....so wish me luck!

i love this thread. what a great great question!

i've had many people say well if you have to go on a diet

before surgery you can do it yourself!

and

well if you can do that why have the surgery?

i haven't heard the rubberband one before. LMAO

i had one lady say well if i could get out of bed i might have

it myself but i take so many meds...

and

i heard you are going to have to take meds for the rest of your life...

(like i didn't before)

i have given up trying to explain... i will have the last laugh.

and i am now cuz every week i'm losing more and gaining more energy... it's so obvious it was the right decision. i love being annoying sometimes. LOL

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">For me, it hasn't been so much the ignorant remarks, but the horror stories and urban legends, like the guy who was banded but one night decided he was going to have KFC - ate an entire bucket of chicken, biscuits etc. and ruptured his stomach. I mean, where do they get this stuff?

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ROFL at some of these!!!! :) :)

I had one friend say ' go on a diet,give me £10,000 and I will make you go running with me' .......... no you dont say,diet and exercise if only I had know that 60lb ago smart ass!!

My kids just say 'cooooool' and want to feel my port site ( ok ok, what can I say I have strange kids)

Nina xx

I had this coment the other day. He said "give me the money your spending on surgery and I will be your personal trainer". This is like the 4th time he has given me a hard time about having the surgery. Funny thing is... He just recently divorced his wife and I never gave him a hard time about that.

I can just see it now..."give me the money your spending on your divorce and I will give your marital counseling"!;)

Somehow I dont think it would go over very well.

I ended up having to tell him that this was a Major life decision I had to make and I have made up my mind. Please stop trying to change my mind for me.

OMG, she soo does...that cracks me up, but she does look better overall and so much healthier, but I can't get the image of her bobbling head off of my mind now...LMAO