Feeling disheartened

Hello all,

I had my surgery at the end of October. First fill on 8th of Jan. I am feeling a bit disheartened as I haven’t really lost any weight since I started again on solids. I know it may take a while before the correct restriction is found etc and if I hadn’t had the surgery I would probably have continued to gain weight...but still :(

I’m just looking for others to share their experiences (positive only please)

I currently have 6cc in 14cc band.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Please keep going until you reach a bit of restriction. That means the band will work with you.
Hopefully not too tight to reject food. I think it is different for everyone. Please try. You did not have surgery to stay the same!
Best of luck.keep posting!

• Like 1

I had my band placed five years ago with great success. I’ve had it too tight, not tight enough, lost and gained. It’s a journey we’re on. Please don’t be disheartened. My band enabled me to lose 120#, diabetes and high blood pressure. I had to have some fill removed due to illness, which was totally unrelated to the band. I’ve gained 10# probably due to no exercise and poor food choices. I’m working now to get that off. Good luck!

• Like 1

The journey is long and there will be ups and down. I lost weight more quickly but in the long run she went right on pass me and weighs 25 lbs less than me.

• Like 1