Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill - port pain

Hi everyone, I had my first fill of 1cc yesterday and I am experiencing alot of pain under and around the port area. Does this happen to any of you and is it usual for this to happen. the pain is so bad I had to take pain medication and I tolerate pain well.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

:girl_hug:Aww, no one has replied to you yet? I am a reader, but I don't reply much. But after I saw you posted this earlier and no one had written you back, I felt like I should speak up!

I hope your port is feeling better! I know that when I first got filled I had pain issues too, but nothing that I had to take meds for, it was just a muscle ache feeling.

I wouldn't worry, its probably just your sore there. I think you would only really need to worry if it was like a sharp, burning,makes you double over in agony pain, or if there is external bleeding or anything.

But, the best thing to do is call your doctor or nurse and ask. Its so much better to be safe than sorry!

Best wishes!

Hi everyone, I had my first fill of 1cc yesterday and I am experiencing alot of pain under and around the port area. Does this happen to any of you and is it usual for this to happen. the pain is so bad I had to take pain medication and I tolerate pain well.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi~ I'm getting my first fill 2morrow....will update to let u know how I feel.

I spoke with the doctor yesterday and he asked if it was oozing any pus or if there was a rash or if it was heated around the port. None of this was happening. He told me to get the swelling down with a heating pad and to take some tylenol and if it was worse in the morning to call him. It isn't worse and just a little better. I think that because of the feeling for the port and was asked by the doctor to flex the stomach muscle as if doing a set-up this irritated it.

I'm sorry your feeling so much pain. I had my first fill on Friday {last week} it was 6cc's . I had no problem except i hiccupped for 5 minutes and i lost 4lbs this week . Call your Doctor !

I had my first fill last Tuesday felt great. However by Thursday had this massive cramp and after going and seeing my doctor I have a tear with some bleeding. Have no idea how got tear all I know is it is very painful and my stomach above the port incision is very swollen. Any one else had similar experience

Jane

I go for my first fill 10/30/07.....I'm getting kind of worried now. Did your tear happen during/with the fill?? What else did the doctor say?? Is it ok or does it have to be fixed?? Hope everything is well with you.....keep us posted!!

Just wanted to let everyone kow that my port pain is gone. I had my fill on a Wednesday and the pain was gone Saturday morning. Thanks everyone.

Prettybrowneyes. how did you feel after the 2.5cc fill? my doctor only put in 1ccand I have to say... I'm not feeling much restriction.

I go for my first fill 10/30/07.....I'm getting kind of worried now. Did your tear happen during/with the fill?? What else did the doctor say?? Is it ok or does it have to be fixed?? Hope everything is well with you.....keep us posted!!

Hi 4leafclover

I have no idea how I got the tear and the doc didn't or couldn't say either.

I still have a tightness that I can feel around the area but it gets less each day. I am assuming that is the tear healing. I can eat anything (including bread- which based on what I have read surprised me) but do get a very bloated feeling and a hardness of my stomach above port scar about an hour after.

In all feel good just frustrated:bored as want to get back into exercise etc but can't. :angry

Please don't get worried re yourself I think this is just one of those freak things that happen to trhe odd one of us now and then. As said in early posting uptil this was feeling great.

I am sure your fill will be fine . Let us know

take care

jane