Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op diet

Day three of pre op Milk diet .... A little fed up now, didnt realise how social our mealtimes are. Sitting drinking/or eating jelly is hard whilst all the family eat the lovely dinner prepared by myself. Did fam fav last night spaghetti with prawns in Tomato sauce ... smelt so good! Anyone else in similar boat and just missing chewing?

1 hour ago, Jo83 said:

Anyone else in similar boat and just missing chewing?

Not here.

Just the two of us.

My wife is on her second gastric balloon and following her nutritional goals from her surgeon/dietitian.

Me ... sleeved 12 weeks ago ... on my own supervised exercise and diet program from the clinic's exercise physiologist and dietitian respectively.

I'm high Protein, post sleeve.

My wife is doing a lower GI general diet.

We pretty much cook separately.

Congrats! You can do this.

With anything that seems hard, I try to change my mindset and to reframe the situation until it doesn't feel impossible. If I am unable to do that, then I just revert to taking it one minute/one second at a time, and focusing that whatever the difficulty is, there is an endpoint/end game and it won't continue forever.

:) It's hard. But make the mental switch to looking at your family and loving their faces, the time you have together, to spend with them. And each hunger pang or sadness about not eating "fill in the blank," focus on the amazing opportunity to reset your life that is looming next week!!! It will be over before you know it! ((hugs))

What a lovely reply and good advice... thabk you so much! Feeling the switch already with that positive mind set message!

Hope your journey is going well Fluffy Chix x

7 minutes ago, Jo83 said:

Hope your journey is going well Fluffy Chix x

:D "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far..." ~ Joe Walsh (Life's Been Good To Me)

:395_shaved_ice::257_dromedary_camel: (rainbows & unicorns) :D ;)

I found that part really hard,we would have always sat and had dins together but I have been avoiding that as much as possible for the time being. I find when I eat alone I am thinking bout what I am having,consentrating on chewing,small bites etc but when I eat in company I get distracted and generally end up with a piece stuck and have to go and get sick. I just keep thinking that over the nxt month or two once I get into it I will be able to return to the table! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using BariatricPal mobile app

Well pre op Diets worked on weight front ... got weighed today as part of pre op assessment and I have lost 13 1/2lbs! Amazing!