Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello ppl Ive got band on 10/1/07 and Im starying to feel more and more normal wish is good but Im starting to get hungry and I notice that Im able to eat everything that ppl say that I they cant eat could some one tell me if this normal and not why do I feel this way.:help:

Welcome to BANDSTER HELL. This is totally normal. You are in the throes of it now, my friend, so don't worry about it. Your band is NOT YET WORKING for you, and won't be until very probably after your second or even third fill. I didn't get a real response until my third fill and didn't hit my sweet spot until number 4. Don't worry about the hunger. Do the best you can. You are healing right now, not supposed to be actively losing, though that comes as a bonus with the liquid diet...if you stick with it. I was chewing my leg off coming into my third week. With zero restriction, and the swelling healing, and the liquid only diet, you will have a voracious appetite that won't quit. This too shall pass. My first fill did NOTHING (Not unusual, so do NOT get disheartened), the second only slightly improved...the third was when I went "Ahhhh, so THIS is what it is supposed to be like!" and the 4th....el perfecto.

i was banded on the 11th of October and I, too, am feeling good and hungry. I am on the creamy liquids stage, but I want some food! Oh well, this too shall pass.

I had my first fill on 10/11 and feel some restriction. I would like more. What helps me with the cravings is soft fruit in light Syrup and fat free cool whip. Also, drink more carb free Protein. It really fills me up. Are you drinking Water, water, water ?

Good luck and hang in there.

I have to agree. I am STARVING and must confess that I had a pinch of something solid. I chewed it until it was totally gross and mushy, but I still feel awful. It's getting so hard because I do not have any restriction either. My first fill will be in about 4 weeks or so.

I am having the same experience. I was banded 10/5. From what I've read this time before the first fill varies greatly from person to person. I was a little worried at first, but I'm losing and I would personally rather have this experience than not being able to eat anything.

I was banded on 10/3 and was wondering if it was just me! I'm not so much starving, but I've been testing the waters with soft solids. So far I've not experienced any issues, but my concern was that I haven't experienced any further weight loss.

I'm hungry too! I've been on pureed, soft, mushies for almost a week and can't be satisfied with just 1/2 c. of food. I want more. Even though I'm not drinking with my meals I get a bit hungry before my four hours are up too. I usually have a little snack, sf pudding, sf Jello, yogurt, or Protein Shake to hold me over until the next meal. I have to tell ya, I'm just dying for a big juicey cheeseburger with the works!!! OMG!

I was banded June 15th and not to disappoint you but I have just found "restriction" my last fill that was 4 weeks ago. Before that I was able to tolerate everything, now I feel the difference and the weight is coming off more effortlessly, I eat but I am not hungery between meals, bad foods like doughnuts, bread, Cookies, ect do not go down well. It only took a couple pb's for me to get it. I still eat things I know I shouldnt but feel that the real battle is in my head not my stomach, hang in there and you'll work your way through we are all so much different some say after their first fill they had restriction and then theres me, going today for #4 hoping this will be the "sweet" spot! Good luck all. :)