Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello just checking in on all those bypass in January. Wondering how all you are doing with your weight loss what you were eating? and if anyone else is having the same feelings I'm suffering with such as feeling like you're not going to lose the weight even when you're doing everything right!

Hi millies25412!! I had surgery 1/3 and I know that feeling. I try to weigh myself maybe once a week. OK twice a week. I was 239 on the day of surgery and I weighed myself 4 days ago I was 204.8. I think when you are overweight but not 3-400 lbs, like us, you lose weight slower. Maybe I'm wrong but my friends who have had this surgery weighed upwards of 300 lbs have lost weight, especially in the beginning, fast like 40-50 lbs in 2 mos. Remember we didn't have that much weight to begin with. Dont be discouraged. I take one day at a time, do what I am supposed to and that's that.

Yes 😳 I had sleeve Jan 8. Surgery weight was 232.. CW 211. I stalled weeks 3-5! I did lose lots pre op. SW in Aug 2017 was 257, so I've lost 46 since starting the program. But ugh. I felt like my cals were too low 700ish so I upped to around 900 to 1k and the stall broke. But still.. I'm averaging what 1 to 2 lbs per week. I did that on WW! So why did I have major surgery?!? I am working so hard 😢

I've found my weight loss to be a bit slow, especially for as high as my surgery weight was (291.5) on 1/31/18, but I believe it is due to the fact that I lost 57 lbs during the 3 month supervised diet + 3 week pre-op diet. Today I was 270.6lbs.

I'm honestly just telling myself I've lost more weight than I would have without surgery - that's 1-2lbs a week tops. My average is about 3lbs a week, maybe a little more, and I'm really happy about that. Would love to see the scale drop quicker though!

I just experienced a plateau that lasted 10 days (it seemed like forever). I have just started slowly losing again. I am very happy that my blood sugars have dropped fifty points though so I'm sticking with it.

I've also been very disappointed with some meals. Sometimes i feel that i will never eat normally again. Trying to fight depression.

Wednesday weigh in has come around again... I'm in at 222 today. Slow n steady wins the race n all that lol ☺ xxx

I’m 257.6 today which is 35.2 pounds I’m not even 8 weeks

I’m 257.6 today which is 35.2 pounds I’m not even 8 weeks

Congrats!

Keep up the strong work.

6 weeks post-op today...

SW: 291.5

This morning: 270.2

(Down 2.5 this week)

Edited by yes_anastasia

I'm two days short of 8 weeks.

Start: 283 lbs.

Today: 244.8 lbs.