Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No problem drinking fluids

I just had my sleeve done on Monday 11/20...just 3 days ago. I am having zero trouble drinking fluids. Why? I was expecting it to be an issue since it is such a common thing mentioned on the boards. It actually freaks me out a little that something is wrong. The swallow study looked good the morning after surgery and my Surgeon told me the pouch is about the diameter of a dime. I saw images and yes, my stomach looked like a small worm.

In addition, I have almost no pain and thry even sent me home after 24 hours (instead of the planned 48) because i was doing great!

Anyone else recover really easily?

Edited by Hhs1078

My sleeve was a week and a half ago. No issues drinking, no problems at home.

Sometimes it's tough getting 60-70g of Protein but that's it

I am able to get 4 6-8oz Protein Shakes in as well, they are 30g/11oz so 8oz gives me 16-21g Protein per supplement.

I am to be doing liquids for 2 1/2 more weeks.

Mostly worried it may be too easy for me to consume soilds too :( I guess time will tell.

Same here. 1 week post op. No problems drinking liquids. No problems swallowing medication in form of pills - didn't have to crush or even break up tablets. Still on liquids, but the doctor's warning that I would have to SIP, SIP, SIP all day because I wouldn't be able to drink has proved unfounded. No issues at all.

Which also has be a bit worried.

Same here. 1 week post op. No problems drinking liquids. L break up tablets. Still on liquids, but the doctor's warning that I would have to SIP, SIP, SIP all day because I wouldn't be able to drink has proved unfounded. No issues at all.
Which also has be a bit worried.

I just got mine done yesterday and I'm doing good swallowing like if I had. Nothing done

Sent from my LG-TP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

Had mines yesterday and I feel the same my liquids don’t have a problem my only problem is that I woke up with a shoulder pain as if there’s an air trap there that’s about it. I also though it was going to be bad hearing from people here but I’m more than fine thank the Lord.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:57 PM, Hhs1078 said:

I just had my sleeve done on Monday 11/20...just 3 days ago. I am having zero trouble drinking fluids. Why? I was expecting it to be an issue since it is such a common thing mentioned on the boards. It actually freaks me out a little that something is wrong. The swallow study looked good the morning after surgery and my Surgeon told me the pouch is about the diameter of a dime. I saw images and yes, my stomach looked like a small worm.

In addition, I have almost no pain and thry even sent me home after 24 hours (instead of the planned 48) because i was doing great!

Anyone else recover really easily?

Congratulations. What is your actual concern ?You saw your stomach so what could be wrong ? You don't have an issue with fluids that leads to alot of people being dehydrated and re admitted into hospital.. I would be thankful.

I don't know why. Probably because all humans are different and rexover differently I struggled unbearably. Some people have issues with fluids some don't.

Edited by dreamingsmall

On 11/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, Hhs1078 said:

I am able to get 4 6-8oz Protein Shakes in as well, they are 30g/11oz so 8oz gives me 16-21g Protein per supplement.

I am to be doing liquids for 2 1/2 more weeks.

Mostly worried it may be too easy for me to consume soilds too :( I guess time will tell.

Please do your research. How much liquids you can consume has no bearing on how much solid you can consume. Dense Protein will cause restrictions. Liquids don't.this is in the basic level of research.

Your sleeve is fine. Just be great full your not struggling not use it as another reason to worry.

Hi my only issues after gastric sleeve is that I have the worse left shoulder pain ever! If I breath it hurts everything radiates in my shoulder, I called my surgent and he informed me it has to do with a diaphragm and it’s very sensitive and it triggers my shoulder , this pain has not let me sleep and I have zero pain on my abdomen, has any one experience this pain after surgery?

I felt uncomfortable drinking plain Water, but I could drink flavored water and Protein Shakes pretty easily post op and was taking pills less than 24 hours after surgery and moved on to large ones about 36 hours after. I used to take about 30 minutes to consume all my pills (there’s a lot) but now I do it in 5-10 min.

I’m 3 months post op and ignoring the new symptoms a possible structure has caused, you’ll really feel the restriction once you move to solids. Liquids pass through the sleeve so quickly. I was worried there was something wrong because I never felt full but it was 100% proven wrong once I got on solids.

To maalban12, that could be gas. If you’re only a few days post op, it’s the gas they pumped in and nothing will help but walking. If you’re past that, try some gas x or beano. Also make sure you don’t consume anything close to bedtime. If I eat or even sometimes when I drink and lay down soon after I get the foamies, which is awful and disgusting.

2 hours ago, maalban12 said:

Hi my only issues after gastric sleeve is that I have the worse left shoulder pain ever! If I breath it hurts everything radiates in my shoulder, I called my surgent and he informed me it has to do with a diaphragm and it’s very sensitive and it triggers my shoulder , this pain has not let me sleep and I have zero pain on my abdomen, has any one experience this pain after surgery?

How long have you been post of? If fairly new sounds like gas.