Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here! 3 weeks post-op and down 18lbs!

I’ve been lurking awhile, but I decided the other day to create an account with the intention of posting, but I easily get distracted and didn’t. I’m doing it now though because I’m just super stoked that I’m down 18lbs! I’ve been struggling the last several years, yo-yo-ing and could never lose more than just a couple of pounds and dumb Water weight. It was time I take back my life and feel good about myself again. I turned into a hermit, only leaving the house for work travel. It was sad and it sucked because I remember enjoying going out and seeing friends and doing stuff.

Anyway, all has been going well. I’ve been able to add mushy chunks to my meals now. But I’m having a really hard time with getting enough liquids in. My drink is warm by the time I finish it, but it being warm does not make me want to finish it. Im going to use this as an excuse to finally buy a yeti tumbler. Haha.

Oh, stats, I’m 5’-3”

183 lbs day of surgery

165 lbs 3 weeks post-op

Image1510002128.525698.jpg Image1510002141.617480.jpg Image1510002162.269469.jpg

Welcome!!! I can already see the difference! You look fantastic!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome!!! I can already see the difference! You look fantastic!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you!

Isn't it amazing? I am 19 lbs down, I am almost 2 weeks post op (was done 10/26) I am trying to prepare myself for the slow down of the loss rate. But for now, enjoying seeing those numbers drop.

Congrats!!!

Isn't it amazing? I am 19 lbs down, I am almost 2 weeks post op (was done 10/26) I am trying to prepare myself for the slow down of the loss rate. But for now, enjoying seeing those numbers drop.
Congrats!!!

Congrats to you! 19lbs down in two weeks is amazing! Isn’t it great to see the scale go down instead of up? It such a great motivator.

It really is great, and feeling the effects of less gherlin...I am not hungry, I am not always thinking about food, or grabbing a snack when I drive somewhere, or what snack I can get in the evenings.

I am just not interested in food, just a bit here and there, but a little bit of Soup or cream of wheat, or sipping a Protein shake...and bam, not hungry, not thinking about eating.

Wish I did this ages ago!!

Congrats! I can already see changes! I wish you the best success! Keep up the good work!

( I’m just behind you - my surgery was 10/23. )

Congrats! I can already see changes! I wish you the best success! Keep up the good work!
( I’m just behind you - my surgery was 10/23. )

Thanks! Hope all is going well for you!

You're killing it!! Looking good!

I'm almost 4 weeks out...22 lost since surgery and 90 since I started.

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
CW = 270
GW = 220 (6'5")

Congrats to you! You are so close to your goal!

Congrats to you! You are so close to your goal!

Thanks! Nice 3/4 sleeve by the way.

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
CW = 270
GW = 220 (6'5")

I’ve been lurking awhile, but I decided the other day to create an account with the intention of posting, but I easily get distracted and didn’t. I’m doing it now though because I’m just super stoked that I’m down 18lbs! I’ve been struggling the last several years, yo-yo-ing and could never lose more than just a couple of pounds and dumb Water weight. It was time I take back my life and feel good about myself again. I turned into a hermit, only leaving the house for work travel. It was sad and it sucked because I remember enjoying going out and seeing friends and doing stuff.
Anyway, all has been going well. I’ve been able to add mushy chunks to my meals now. But I’m having a really hard time with getting enough liquids in. My drink is warm by the time I finish it, but it being warm does not make me want to finish it. Im going to use this as an excuse to finally buy a yeti tumbler. Haha.
Oh, stats, I’m 5’-3”
183 lbs day of surgery
165 lbs 3 weeks post-op
Image1510002128.525698.jpg.297fbf2cf6f6243465d2688765291a83.jpg Image1510002141.617480.jpg.fd10a0fafbe58c8ad8272086abf4a907.jpg Image1510002162.269469.jpg.3a5bab87f0cb78193bbb352ee666ca9f.jpg

Congrats. You look awesome. Best of luck on your journey & thanks for sharing.

I had mine on 11-21-17 since last week I can eat basically anything but I do have to chew it a lot of times, when I get full I do gag and have to go to the restroom to vomit the only thing I really dislike is that I’m not able to drink liquid as I used to[emoji30][emoji30] I lost 21 pounds and I’m very happy

Awesome results... welcome to your new journey. I hope you reach your goals soon. Stay in track 👌

On 11/6/2017 at 3:03 PM, xbadwlfbb said:

Oh, stats, I’m 5’-3”

183 lbs day of surgery

165 lbs 3 weeks post-op

Image1510002128.525698.jpg Image1510002141.617480.jpg Image1510002162.269469.jpg

That is super fantastic, 4 weeks out and have lost 22 pounds. My HW=236, SW=226, CW=204 and I am super excited. Good luck on our journey!